Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #16

Original Poster
Both my back-up K10D body (the one I'm using now) and the one I sent in to Pentax have serial numbers 228xxxx. I've used the build-in flash on my back-up body once, for fill, with no problems. I tested the flash on my original body a couple of times just to see if it worked, having heard about flash problems with this camera.

I don't plan to take flash photos with the K10D, at least most of the time. For standard portrait jobs I use a different camera. But sometimes I shoot casual portraits outdoors and would like to use the build-in flash for fill without frying the camera's circuits. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that score.

I waited until March of this year to buy my first K10D body, reasoning that by that time (hopefully) any hardware issues would be fixed in subsequent production runs. We'll see.

Richard

09-24-2007, 09:52 PM   #17

I agree with you C.R.Kennedy in Melbourne Australia are an absolute discrace and do Pentax Corporation a huge injustice as they provide terrible service, fail to call you back, dont repond to email enquiries and took over a month to fix my flash and even then didnt fix it and after hearing my complaint about it taking over a month and me not willing to accept lies about the parts being in transit; informed that they would replace the flash with a brand new one. They then removed the serial number off my orginal flash and stuck it on to the new flash, In the process scratched the case of the new flash - they are a very poorly run organisation and i wish more people would complain so that Pentax get adequately represented in Australia.

Now i have a problem with my camera and its a nightmare trying to get in contact with their service centre, you know the drill "all out opertors are busy, please leave a message" - i hte not getting service !!!
09-25-2007, 04:03 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What about the pentax service centre in Perth? Is it better than that in Melbourne? I might be working in perth in the forseeable future and would really like to know
09-29-2007, 06:07 AM   #19
Veteran Member

hmm, I was thinking of sending my K10D in to see if they could fix the AF (it doesn't lock focus a lot of the time) and clean the sensor (just returned from outback trip)... not too sure about it after reading the above. Did have a Pentax 35mm P&S fixed by them and they did a good and speedy repair, but that was years ago.