Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
I just sent my k10 off this morning for a very similar problem. Sounds like this problem has happened to a few others as well - That's too bad... Very often the shots were coming up in green and black only, but sometimes I'd get something more exotic, like red or purple. Maybe even a yellow. Didn't matter what shooting mode or settings I had it in - it just wouldn't work sometimes. I was first advised to try better memory cards as well, but seeing as they worked just fine in my point and shoot (filled them up several times with no errors), and that they are the Sandisk ultra 2's that so many people were raving about not too long ago (and now with an Extreme 3), I'm guessing I'll probably have some similar repair costs as what you described. But if it comes back good as new, and super clean, well, I think that'll be worth it. Too bad it didn't happen 6 months ago when it was still under warranty! Hopefully it's not too many months until I get it back.
emo gootch - I hope the problem stays infrequent for you. Unfortunately mine has gotten worse/ more frequent over the two months. And like Lowell said - even if it costs me $300 to fix, it's still worth more than that to me to have it working properly.