Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Where can I put my hands on a K7 in Atlanta, GA?

I'm ready to take the plunge and upgrade to the K7, but I want to put my hands on it first. I used to go to Wolf/Ritz, but I heard they don't stock Pentax anymore. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

08-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #2
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax_XTC Quote
I used to go to Wolf/Ritz, but I heard they don't stock Pentax anymore. Any suggestions?
It seems worth it to call them and ask. Even if they really don't have it, it makes them aware that they're losing business by not stocking Pentax...
08-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wolf/Ritz here in Athens closed their doors but they carried Pentax products and when I was in there last year they had the K20s in stock, so if I were you then I would at least call and see, also if you
DO find a local place that sells them then please let me know as well, I am "jonesing" for a K7 too.
08-04-2009, 08:25 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Someone over in News & Rumors said that there is one on display at the Fry's Electronics in Duluth.

I went to the Alpharetta Frys a week before that was posted and saw the K-m only, however they are just putting them out.

08-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'll have to check out Fry's. I called the Wolf Ultra Store figuring if anyone had one they would and I confirmed that Ritz/Wolf no longer carries Pentax. Maybe it's because I would go in to play with what I want then order it from Adorama or B&H?

I'd buy locally if they could only do something about that expensive add on called sales tax!
08-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Called Fry's in Duluth. The guy didn't even know what I was taking about. He thought it was a point and shoot

Pentax shows tons of dealers in GA, but they are mostly Wal-Mart, and they only have the K7 (and most of the Pentax stuff) as Online only ordering.

Last edited by Pentax_XTC; 08-04-2009 at 10:08 AM. Reason: typo
08-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Give Photo Barn in Lilburn a call. I don't think they have any but they have a pretty good idea of who carries what in town and would likely be able to tell you who might have one.
08-05-2009, 08:14 AM   #8

Photos: Albums
Yup, I went to the Fry's in Duluth yesterday and they had it on display. so you can go check it out there.

08-05-2009, 09:25 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks! I'll go check it out...
08-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I just got back and man I'm in love. I have big hands but I just tucked my pinky finger under the body and I was fine. (I'm getting the battery grip anyway) It felt lighter than my K10D to me, which is a plus when added to all the gear in my bag. The shutter is wicked quick and REALLY quite. I wasn't able to try the movie mode because they didn't have an SD card in it. Overall I'm highly impressed and I will be purchasing the K7 as soon as I get a check I'm waiting on. I can't wait!
08-05-2009, 05:13 PM   #11
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax_XTC Quote
I just got back and man I'm in love. I have big hands but I just tucked my pinky finger under the body and I was fine. (I'm getting the battery grip anyway) It felt lighter than my K10D to me, which is a plus when added to all the gear in my bag. The shutter is wicked quick and REALLY quite. I wasn't able to try the movie mode because they didn't have an SD card in it. Overall I'm highly impressed and I will be purchasing the K7 as soon as I get a check I'm waiting on. I can't wait!
I'm in the exact same boat as you up here... no one has a K7 around for me to get my grubby little hands on... and I'm afraid this is it for me and Pentax... if I put my hands on a K7 and it wows me to death... I'll be putting my K10D to rest, and getting one... but if I can't... I might as well make the switch before investing the cash into it...

I want to hear how quiet the shutter is....
08-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #12

You can "rent" one from walmart.com; it's what I ended up doing just to try out a K20D after looking all around Portland, OR for a store that carries Pentax. It's either that or post a 'hey can I tuch ur pentax dslr' ad on craigslist.
08-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #13

I don't think you'll find one in Atlanta. Seems to me that Pentax is now relying almost 100% on online business. What is there to know? It does what everybody on here says it'll do. Buy from a reputable online dealer. If you don't like the looks of the camera, send it back. I bought a K20D, having never seen one, and I couldn't be happier. Might pick up a K7 later, when they're at the "real price" of around $600.