Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

K-7 moon video

I haven't done alot of video with my K-7 yet, so I really wanted to give it a good test to see how well it can cope with a scene that changed exposure by an extreme amount. I thought the moon was a good subject. And just to make it interesting, I used an 8in telescope (2000mm f/10)

At first the motion you see is the clouds in front of the black of space. The camera automatically goes to a maximum ISO to capture the scene, and you can clearly see the details in the clouds. The rest is self explanatory. The camera is totally on "autopilot." All I did with the camera is push the button. The video was taken at max resolution on the camera, but then reduced to 720p for posting which cut the file size by over half. By default, Flickr plays the video in standard resolution. You can click on the "HD" if you want to see the higher resolution. In that case, you may want to click "play" and then pause, and let it load into the buffer before continuing to play so you can see the motion smoothly. Click the full screen button if you really want to see the resolution!

(Warning to Firefox users: It seems that the flickr HD button when using Firefox, does not work. the video stays the same size. On IE 8 it seems to resize properly)
Here is the link:

Pentax K-7 moon vid on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I think I like video with a "massive" APS-C sized sensor.

Last edited by PentaxPoke; 08-04-2009 at 07:04 PM.
08-05-2009, 12:28 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
really nice!