Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2009, 06:14 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fulcrumx29 Quote
Hi, Kittykat,

I am not quite understanding. How did you solve the front focus issue? Why it is "no more front focusing under even severely yellow sodium lights"?

Thanks,
Tony
On my old K10D, the FA50 f/1.4 tended to front focus under yellowish lighting.
The K-7 doesn't have the front-focus under tungsten lighting issue due to the improvements in the AF system.

This has resolved the only unhappiness I had with this really excellent lens - that's a real bit of satisfaction to me.

Liveview uses a different AF system (contrast detection) from the normal AF (phase detection). So if you are getting accurate AF in Liveview but not under normal AF, you might be having some problems with the phase-detection system.

Check whether you have the same problem with another lens e.g. the kit lens.
Check whether stopping down to e.g. f/8 resolved the problem.

If the camera AF generally functions properly but is having back/front focus issues, stopping down can make a difference in sharpness. But if you have a more general problem with the AF, it will likely mis-focus no matter what the aperture.

08-08-2009, 06:16 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Definitely looks like you have some front focus on the lens. Have you tried this lens on another body?

My FA 50 needed -4 To get focus right.

- Jason