Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Ever ready case for K-7

The K-7 has quite a small body and this goes well with the pancake limited lenses. When using such a combinatiion a traditional ever ready case (bottom part fixed to camera top folds forward or comes right off) would be more comvenient than the modern zoomster type holster. I do not think anyone makes one but would the K-7 fit in a case designed for one of the old film SLRs. Maybe some of our older more experienced members could advise.

Archie

08-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I had the same idea, but I think there are just too many buttons to permit the thing to stay on. Like wrapping it in Swiss Cheese.
08-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
You are right. The film cameras had most of their controls on the top plate. It would lead to frustration if you could not reach the button you wanted. Back to the drawing board.
08-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by helios Quote
The K-7 has quite a small body and this goes well with the pancake limited lenses. When using such a combinatiion a traditional ever ready case (bottom part fixed to camera top folds forward or comes right off) would be more comvenient than the modern zoomster type holster. I do not think anyone makes one but would the K-7 fit in a case designed for one of the old film SLRs. Maybe some of our older more experienced members could advise.

Archie
i picked up something like this. It will acomodate the k7 with the tamron 28-75mm or smaller. shop around and you can find better pricing

LCBBLBK LensCoat Neoprene Body Bag with Lens Cover, Designed for a Camera Body With Lens up to 4.5" - Black

08-07-2009, 11:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I too missed the old cover when I switched to DSLR. I can't imagine any old cover working with my new camera as there is simply too much on the back that needs access; however, I've found one that's as close as I think I can practically get to one in my Zing cover. It's just a neoprene cover that camera is wrapped in. It provides reassuring protection while I'm not shooting and is quick to remove. I have one of the "Action Covers" that come with a waist belt. This keeps it snug to my waist while walking. I love the thing. I have a smaller version, and I'm considering purchasing another for larger lenses.