Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2009, 12:27 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Where did you get your K-7?

Hi All,

Just wonder where did you get K-7 and how do you feel, no matter on line or in store. Could you pls share your opinions about price/shipping, item quality, return policy, etc?

Here is mine:

Where: Amazon.com
Price/Shipping: Free shipping and similar price as Pentax website
Item quality: I ordered K-7 with FA 50/1.4 and have front focus issue even with AF tuning at -10. Now waiting for a replacement body and another lens to test what's wrong. Will keep you updated.
Return policy: Very good. Free shipping if it is their fault.

Thanks,
Tony

08-09-2009, 12:42 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Henrys.....too high priced so I cancelled....so I went with lens and shutter....they bumped their price after I ordered (but honoured mine). My camera...grip and extra battery came quickly. No issues....
08-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Bought mine at Amazon. Returned the first body for an exchange and have been happy with the second body. In the past I bought from a local, family owned camera store because I like them staying in business. If you are buying a camera when it first comes out there's little difference in price, so there's not much advantage with buying on-line. Unfortunately, the camera store isn't carrying Pentax in-store any more. It was nice that they have such a good return policy.
08-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Mine came from my local camera store. Price wasn't an issue for me, I buy locally and support local business.

08-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #5
Banned

I purchased online with J&R and received 5% Bing cashback and free 1 day shipping with no sales tax. I have been purchasing all my cameras online or mail order since 1966 with not a single problem.
08-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I was looking at Henry's so I could get my hands on the camera first, but they were charging $1600. Instead, I went through the camera store who charged a bit less than $1500. I also didn't pay PST as The Camera Store is in Calgary. I also got the grip through them as the grip was only $179 instead of the $279 most other places were charging for it.

Overall, I consider the service at The Camera Store top notch and anything over $500 gets shipped free.
08-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
Henrys.....too high priced so I cancelled....so I went with lens and shutter....they bumped their price after I ordered (but honoured mine). My camera...grip and extra battery came quickly. No issues....
Orderd mine from Henrys also, within a couple of hours of the lifting of the NDAs. I got it for $1499 but the next day it was up to $1599.
08-10-2009, 04:52 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Got mine at BH Photo Video in New York, no sales tax on that since I had it ship to me in Los Angeles, on three day for under twenty bucks, and had a 4 gig SD card, with the 40mm lens all for about 1620.00

08-11-2009, 04:38 AM   #9

From: Camera House, Westfield Centre, Parramatta, Sydney.
Why: Very close price match on the cheapest AU internet price I could find, also discount on SD card and filters with purchase. And they are across the road from my office.
Price: paid $1,750 AU for camera with 18-55 WR kit lens
Returns: 14 day in store replacement, after that warranty repair with Pentax AU.
08-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #10
Forum Member

Got mine off of Ebay from Beach Camera, with the 8% cashback and free shipping.

About $100 back in two months...

And now I'm broke.
08-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #11
Inactive Account

I got mine from London Drugs

They were the first place around here to have the camera and both WR lenses in stock. They also have a 15 day return policy (that I used to return the D90 that I got from them the week before). The price for the combo was also $1999 CAN, which seemed pretty good at the time, although I think there are a few local shops that are pretty competitive with that now.

I'm a hands on person so the return policy was a nice back door to have as I wasn't 100% sure of my decision at the time. I'm definately 100% positive about that decision now, but I like shopping at local shops if I can, so I feel a bit guilty I didn't pick it up from one of the shops around town. It seems almost all of them have it in Vancouver now.
08-11-2009, 05:17 PM   #12
Inactive Account

Also purchased from J&R with bing cashback. Good experience as per usual with J&R.
08-12-2009, 10:58 AM   #13

I bought mine at the Pentax booth in the Cybermall on Huaihai Zhong Lu in Shanghai (a bit of a change from getting my K10d at B&H to say the least). Paid 8900 RMB.
08-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #14

I just bought mine from amazon.

Color me broke.
08-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #15

Got mine from Adorama. Service and support was great, and Helen was extremely helpful both here on the boards and in email. I didn't I was going to be able to get in their first shipment because I ordered very late and received a back order notice, but I did and had it in my hot little hands the day after release.