Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2009, 05:04 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
Am I the only one who noticed the last shot is badly out of focus?
50mm f2.8 and it was dark time, so exposure 1/13s, hand held To me seems all OK

Eagle: perfect shots

08-10-2009, 05:56 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Vaikis_ Quote
50mm f2.8 and it was dark time, so exposure 1/13s, hand held To me seems all OK

Eagle: perfect shots
Talking about the rally shots in the first post...
08-10-2009, 11:08 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
This thread seems to have triggered a lively conversation. Must be the deliberately provocative heading...

Some supplementary notes to the first post.
This set was shot with the K 7 in RAW, continous shooting mode set to "high speed". With the K 7 this means 5,2 fps, which is on par with comparable Canikon models.
The length of the series was not limited by the body, the camera would have kept on shooting happily had the photographer not freaked out at this point ! According to the data sheet K 7 can store up to 15 RAW shots or 40 JPEG´s in one go with this frame rate.
As somebody pointed out, the car is blurred in the last picture. After the back of the car hit the surface of the road, the front slammed down very, very quickly. From my point of view it looked like a snake biting! Therefore at least some of the blur is caused by this unforeseen motion.
After crashing down there were car parts falling off and flying all over, but the car did not go off the road. However, pretty soon they had to retire from the race.

There is always room for improvement, but Pentax definitely has improved a lot in terms of AF and frame rate!
08-11-2009, 11:49 AM   #19
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by PePe Quote
This thread seems to have triggered a lively conversation. Must be the deliberately provocative heading...

Some supplementary notes to the first post.
This set was shot with the K 7 in RAW, continous shooting mode set to "high speed". With the K 7 this means 5,2 fps, which is on par with comparable Canikon models.
The length of the series was not limited by the body, the camera would have kept on shooting happily had the photographer not freaked out at this point ! According to the data sheet K 7 can store up to 15 RAW shots or 40 JPEG´s in one go with this frame rate.
As somebody pointed out, the car is blurred in the last picture. After the back of the car hit the surface of the road, the front slammed down very, very quickly. From my point of view it looked like a snake biting! Therefore at least some of the blur is caused by this unforeseen motion.
After crashing down there were car parts falling off and flying all over, but the car did not go off the road. However, pretty soon they had to retire from the race.

There is always room for improvement, but Pentax definitely has improved a lot in terms of AF and frame rate!

definitely an improvement over previous models.

i used my k2000 and took shots of my daughter's softball games. granted, 8 and 9year olds don't run at warp speed, but i found the AF was okay, and the only limitation was the buffer. the k2000 slows down considerably after 3 or 4 consecutive shots.

08-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #20

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by opiedog Quote
..the AF was okay, and the only limitation was the buffer. the k2000 slows down considerably after 3 or 4 consecutive shots.
Does it remain slow or does it recover after a while. If the latter, how long does it take to resume its speed?