Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K110D/flash voltage

I've seen much discussion about the flash trigger voltages regarding older flashes and newer cameras.

I've got a vivitar 283 flash (bought new in 1997) - the newest camera I've used it on is my *ist 35mm, before that the ZX-M.

Now I've read older 283's trigger voltages in the 200-300's, whereas new ones are much lower/safer for the more electronics dependant newer camers. I've read many discussions on that "other" forum, but I'm just wondering, if the flash didn't destroy my ZX-M or *ist 35mm camera electronics, would it be safe for the K110D?

I suppose I'll have to buy a multimeter down at Radioshack to test the flash. Any idea what the K110D can handle as far as trigger voltage?

05-13-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Full answers to your question:-

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Which Flash Units are Safe for Pentax DSLRs?

Hope this helps.

QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
I've seen much discussion about the flash trigger voltages regarding older flashes and newer cameras.

I've got a vivitar 283 flash (bought new in 1997) - the newest camera I've used it on is my *ist 35mm, before that the ZX-M.

Now I've read older 283's trigger voltages in the 200-300's, whereas new ones are much lower/safer for the more electronics dependant newer camers. I've read many discussions on that "other" forum, but I'm just wondering, if the flash didn't destroy my ZX-M or *ist 35mm camera electronics, would it be safe for the K110D?

I suppose I'll have to buy a multimeter down at Radioshack to test the flash. Any idea what the K110D can handle as far as trigger voltage?