Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Manual lenses K10D focusing screen

This is my first attempt at this so I hope I get the protocol right. I have followed various posts on the exposure issues with the manual lenses on the K10D. I acquired an ist style focusing screen (LL60), switched it out, and WOW it seems to just nail the exposure issues - green button puts the histogram right on the mark for K,M and M42 lenses. I was concerned however that when I returned to my Pentax DA 18-55 the exposure is underexposed by about one spot. I needed to override the exposure to get it right. It seems counterproductive to have to adjust the standard lens to accomodate the manual lenses. I'm thinking I'm better going back to the other focusing screen and live with the manual lens issues rather than adjust my AF lenses. So the question is: did others experience that same change in the AF lenses when they switched out the focusing screens and if so, how have they resolved or dealt with it?

08-11-2009, 04:38 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I did basically the same thing with my K10D using a screen from an MX. It's much easier to focus now and the exposures are fine. I've noticed the slight underexposure with AF lenses and use +1/2EV when I shoot with them. That seems to solve the problem for me.
08-11-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I don't notice any metering problem. Both of my K10K bodies have an LL-60 screen. I use a mixture of lenses: DA, FA, A, K, M42. But I don't use the 18-55mm kit lens (sold it a while back).

My most used lenses are Sigma 18-50mm DC EX, Tamron 18-250, FA50, DA40, and Tamron 90mm macro.