Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2009, 10:45 PM   #1

K20-k7

Hello all Pentax people,I have just received my K7 five days ago what a great little camera fast quiet small almost too small but feels great in the hand. I have a small concern the images from my K20 seem a lot sharper than images from my K7and both cameras have exactly the same settings but the K7 seems to be soft. It does not matter what lenses I use or aperture setting they all seem to have a milky look so I was just wondering if any of the other K7 owners have experienced this type of problem with their camera. I hope it is just something I overlooked but I am not new to the Pentax system and I have read the manual. Thank you for any help with this problem.

08-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BCtoad Quote
Hello all Pentax people,I have just received my K7 five days ago what a great little camera fast quiet small almost too small but feels great in the hand. I have a small concern the images from my K20 seem a lot sharper than images from my K7and both cameras have exactly the same settings but the K7 seems to be soft. It does not matter what lenses I use or aperture setting they all seem to have a milky look so I was just wondering if any of the other K7 owners have experienced this type of problem with their camera. I hope it is just something I overlooked but I am not new to the Pentax system and I have read the manual. Thank you for any help with this problem.
do you have any pictures for comparison to show us? what do you mean soft? and did any tweakings ?

if I may suggest something, you might as well disable or minimize the NR setting. this could improve your image detail and sharpness.
08-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do post some of the images to describe the problem.
Soft and milky appearance? Is AF calibrated well with the K-7 by any chance?
08-12-2009, 04:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Are you shooting JPEG or RAW?

Could be sharpening settings if you're shooting in JPEG.

08-12-2009, 05:45 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yea side by side example of the same subject using the same lens would help. Also the file format, shoot RAW so in camera settings have no effect.