Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2009, 12:42 AM   #16
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kittykat46 Quote
The product quality is the main issue holding me back from buying a DA*16-50mm.
Its an expensive lens, and looks good - on paper. The chances of getting a bad copy seems rather high, from other user feedback.

I'm thinking I'd rather spend the money on a cheaper 3rd Party lens - Tamron and Sigma look like they have good alternatives, lower specs. perhaps and no weather sealing, but I can be more confident it will work properly up front.
The QC issues with this lens is the only reason I haven't bought one. I've seen used copy for good price in LN condition here in London, and after quick tes it seems to be ok, but who knows what would further testing reveal. And without warranty and all... I simply don't have the guts. And I don't heve to buy new one now, and still running the risk of getting bad copy.
It's a shame since I really like 50-135,

Oh well, maybe they'll bring out some nice DA* prime instead (shorter than 55 so it could be used as normal on APSC)

BR
Peter

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, focus, front-focusing, issue, issues, k-7, lens, photography, replacement, weeks