Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2009, 12:06 AM   #1
Inactive Account

*IstDL shutter issues?

I noticed that my *IstDL is having some problems. For example, once in a while, the shutter will take a split second longer to close. I thought nothing of it at first, but when I checked the pictures, I saw that a few of the files (1 per 200 maybe) were overexposed (VERY bright). I fixed this by adjusting the RAW file's exposure, but I prefer not to have to do this. Is this the shutter going bad? I think the number of releases is just over 7,000.

Can shutters be purchased and replaced on my own or do I need to pay someone to do it?

08-13-2009, 01:31 AM   #2
Damn Brit

It's possible but I can't be sure that this could be a battery problem. Have you tried new batteries?
08-13-2009, 06:04 AM   #3

I experienced some similar symptoms with my istDs2, with the additional symptoms that the display wouldn't stay on...would flash on, then flash back off before I could change settings.

Both problems were traced to my Tamron 28-300 lens. Would never have thought that the electrical connections related to the lens would cause such problems. Lens is back to Tamron for repair. Using el-cheapo Pentax lens now, with no problems.
08-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
It's possible but I can't be sure that this could be a battery problem. Have you tried new batteries?
It's on external power.
QuoteOriginally posted by WalterGA Quote
I experienced some similar symptoms with my istDs2, with the additional symptoms that the display wouldn't stay on...would flash on, then flash back off before I could change settings.

Both problems were traced to my Tamron 28-300 lens. Would never have thought that the electrical connections related to the lens would cause such problems. Lens is back to Tamron for repair. Using el-cheapo Pentax lens now, with no problems.
This happened using a Pentax lens, although I also have a Tamron 28-300 lens that I used a few hours before this happened with the Pentax lens.