Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K-7 screen flash?

Hi All,

Both the two copies of K-7 I got have intermittent screen flash problem. The problem just went out recently and don't know when will they come back. The problem is frequent during quick battery changes (from one to another body). Maybe it is due to frequent change of voltage (7.2 vs 0)?

Tony

08-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fulcrumx29 Quote
Hi All,

Both the two copies of K-7 I got have intermittent screen flash problem. The problem just went out recently and don't know when will they come back. The problem is frequent during quick battery changes (from one to another body). Maybe it is due to frequent change of voltage (7.2 vs 0)?

Tony
Don't you switch off the camera before removing the battery ?

The voltage drop from turning it off using the On/Off switch is gradual, but if you forgot to switch it off....you may fry the circuits.

I once accidentally removed the batteries from a K100D without switching it off - it really went flaky after that and I had to do a reset to bring it back to normal.
08-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Oh yes. That give me the answer. How to do a reset, BTW?

Thanks,
Tony
08-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Switch off the camera, remove the battery for 5 minutes, put the battery back in, switch the camera back on. This does something like a Reboot on your PC.

Go to Setup Menu 3. - Press Reset
Go to Custom Menu 6 - Press Reset

Assuming no hardware circuits have been damaged, this should return your camera to the state it was when it left the factory.