Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #1

K100D Shutter/Mirror Problems

Hi all, new to the forum but have been using my k100D for a couple of years.

Just starting recently (as in a couple of months), when I push the shutter button, the mirror/shutter mechanism goes nuts (up and down as if taking a photo), with no picture. ANY button or switch I touch forces this click and will continue as long as the button is pushed. Nothing seems to help (new batteries, reformatting the card, resetting default settings, etc.). Short of sending it in to be serviced (which I dread), has anyone else found a solution or way around this malfunction? I fear an electrical problem.....

Help me I miss my toy!!!

08-14-2009, 07:06 AM   #2
Forum Member

Similar problem on K-7

I had the same problem on my new out-of-the-box K-7 (look for similar K-7 thread). My phone call to Pentax Support confirmed it needed repair and I am awaiting my replacement from the vendor. The Pentax follow up email only had this to say:
"I sounds like there is probably a problem with your K-7 camera. If possible you should return the camera to the dealer. If that is not possible I recommend you return your camera directly to Pentax Imaging Company at the address listed below for examination."
So I wait. Good luck resolving your problem.
06-08-2010, 06:06 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
My K100D has a similar problem--it began last night and didn't make me too happy. I put in freshly charged CRV3's and then the shutter began to go crazy. Happens with other batteries, too, and has never happened before. I haven't explored it fully, but it looks like the camera behaves somewhat if it has to fire the flash.

I see that a fair amount of people have had something like this--can you tell me what happened, eventually, please? Did you get it fixed? If so, what did it cost? Did it go away after a few days? Does it still happen?

Just trying to figure out where to go from here--thanks!

Will