Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2009, 12:59 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My take on the K-7 + Video at my trip to Cambodia

Just came from Cambodia and Vietnam along with my K-7 + lenses and my LX3. While I did take photos, the highlight for the trip was video. It's my first time to really dabble into video and editing and I'm having very positive vibes about it

Here's the link: diego lorenzo jose - blog: A Take on Video at Cambodia!

Hope you like it!

Diego

08-14-2009, 01:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Absolutely awesome ...... I can't believe it that this is your first time on video. In a word, fantastic video to debut for the k7. IMHO, this is the best video that I have seen from K-7.

Thanks for sharing,
Hin
08-14-2009, 01:33 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Really good videos.

Cambodia.....daytime temperature 35 - 37 degrees C, I believe, and you didn't get the dreaded green line. That's a good sign....
08-14-2009, 04:13 AM   #4

Really nice video/editing, nobody would say it's your first time.

Congrats.

08-14-2009, 06:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Fantastic video Diego! You could pretty much sell it straight to the Cambodian Tourist board or some such organization... Great work.
08-14-2009, 06:10 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Excellent video! Never would have guessed it was a 'first time'. What editing software did you use?
08-14-2009, 06:23 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice first shot.
Only things annoying were
- overshooting focus (a split prism might help or some kind of focus confirmation assistance like showing you where focus is by moving a focus point overlay around) and then coming back to it
- those weird vertical lines when shooting in low light where the bright lights are

SR appears to work well...

08-14-2009, 06:38 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Having seen your "first" go at video editing I shall hide and never show one of my vacation videos I edited to dvd over the last 10 years. Never! What does jump out at me also is the beautiful use of lenses versus the old dedicated video cam I used to use.

You will be looking back at this creation and enjoying it even more in 30 years if you still find a way to play it.

Nice.
08-14-2009, 06:46 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I enjoyed it , the music was very appropriate as well. Nice job.
08-14-2009, 07:23 AM   #10
Veteran Member

AWESOME!!! great work. Your brave filming while riding on that bike in the end What did you use to edit it all together?
08-14-2009, 07:40 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Awesome video man! Wow, I really love the beginning of the video too, but it's still really great all throughout. Nice work, I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.
08-14-2009, 08:27 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Very impressive video. You have talent as a videographer.

The music also works really well in makin the different scenes feel part of a consistent whole.
08-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #13
Veteran Member

very pleasantly watchable movie..
I liked all, music, editing, scene choice..

great, keep it up!
08-14-2009, 09:15 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
Absolutely awesome ...... I can't believe it that this is your first time on video. In a word, fantastic video to debut for the k7. IMHO, this is the best video that I have seen from K-7.

Thanks for sharing,
Hin
Wow thank you guys, I just got back from another shoot and I'm very happy with the positive responses

QuoteOriginally posted by kittykat46 Quote
Really good videos.

Cambodia.....daytime temperature 35 - 37 degrees C, I believe, and you didn't get the dreaded green line. That's a good sign....
Oh the temperature is a bit warmer here in the Philippines and so far the K-7 hasn't let me down

QuoteOriginally posted by PCoelho Quote
Really nice video/editing, nobody would say it's your first time.

Congrats.
Hahaha thank you so much! I was quite nervous when I got home in case I didn't know what to do with the footage I got

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
Fantastic video Diego! You could pretty much sell it straight to the Cambodian Tourist board or some such organization... Great work.
Thank you very much! Much appreciated

Diego
08-14-2009, 09:18 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ivoire Quote
Excellent video! Never would have guessed it was a 'first time'. What editing software did you use?
Thanks buddy! I just used iMovie

I believe I should use larger fonts for my texts though because at the second song I put all the stuff I used for making the movie

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
Nice first shot.
Only things annoying were
- overshooting focus (a split prism might help or some kind of focus confirmation assistance like showing you where focus is by moving a focus point overlay around) and then coming back to it
- those weird vertical lines when shooting in low light where the bright lights are

Haha yeah I know but I kinda like the focusing/misfocusing effect, I'm sure a split prism would help a lot!

SR appears to work well...
About the vertical lines, that was from my LX3, not from the K-7

QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
Having seen your "first" go at video editing I shall hide and never show one of my vacation videos I edited to dvd over the last 10 years. Never! What does jump out at me also is the beautiful use of lenses versus the old dedicated video cam I used to use.

You will be looking back at this creation and enjoying it even more in 30 years if you still find a way to play it.

Nice.
Thank you very much for the kind words! But please, don't be ashamed of your work! I'd love to see what you see through your camera (stills and videos)!

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I enjoyed it , the music was very appropriate as well. Nice job.
Thank you very much daacon!

Diego