Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2009, 12:59 AM   #1
Veteran Member
soccerjoe5's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philippines
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,354
My take on the K-7 + Video at my trip to Cambodia

Just came from Cambodia and Vietnam along with my K-7 + lenses and my LX3. While I did take photos, the highlight for the trip was video. It's my first time to really dabble into video and editing and I'm having very positive vibes about it

Here's the link: diego lorenzo jose - blog: A Take on Video at Cambodia!

Hope you like it!

Diego

08-14-2009, 01:09 AM   #2
Site Supporter
hinman's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fremont, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,425
Absolutely awesome ...... I can't believe it that this is your first time on video. In a word, fantastic video to debut for the k7. IMHO, this is the best video that I have seen from K-7.

Thanks for sharing,
Hin
08-14-2009, 01:33 AM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 923
Really good videos.

Cambodia.....daytime temperature 35 - 37 degrees C, I believe, and you didn't get the dreaded green line. That's a good sign....
08-14-2009, 04:13 AM   #4
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lisbon
Posts: 10
Really nice video/editing, nobody would say it's your first time.

Congrats.

08-14-2009, 06:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member
heliphoto's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Region 5
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,540
Fantastic video Diego! You could pretty much sell it straight to the Cambodian Tourist board or some such organization... Great work.
08-14-2009, 06:10 AM   #6
Pentaxian
ivoire's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: chicago burbs
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,356
Excellent video! Never would have guessed it was a 'first time'. What editing software did you use?
08-14-2009, 06:23 AM   #7
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Boston, PRofMA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,053
Nice first shot.
Only things annoying were
- overshooting focus (a split prism might help or some kind of focus confirmation assistance like showing you where focus is by moving a focus point overlay around) and then coming back to it
- those weird vertical lines when shooting in low light where the bright lights are

SR appears to work well...
08-14-2009, 06:38 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
imtheguy's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Virginia Beach
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,950
Having seen your "first" go at video editing I shall hide and never show one of my vacation videos I edited to dvd over the last 10 years. Never! What does jump out at me also is the beautiful use of lenses versus the old dedicated video cam I used to use.

You will be looking back at this creation and enjoying it even more in 30 years if you still find a way to play it.

Nice.

08-14-2009, 06:46 AM   #9
Site Supporter
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,831
I enjoyed it , the music was very appropriate as well. Nice job.
08-14-2009, 07:23 AM   #10
Veteran Member
vievetrick's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Easthampton - Massachusetts - USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,175
AWESOME!!! great work. Your brave filming while riding on that bike in the end What did you use to edit it all together?
08-14-2009, 07:40 AM   #11
Pentaxian
LeDave's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Minneapolis - St. Paul
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,895
Awesome video man! Wow, I really love the beginning of the video too, but it's still really great all throughout. Nice work, I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.
08-14-2009, 08:27 AM   #12
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,573
Very impressive video. You have talent as a videographer.

The music also works really well in makin the different scenes feel part of a consistent whole.
08-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #13
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lithuania
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 490
very pleasantly watchable movie..
I liked all, music, editing, scene choice..

great, keep it up!
08-14-2009, 09:15 AM   #14
Veteran Member
soccerjoe5's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philippines
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,354
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
Absolutely awesome ...... I can't believe it that this is your first time on video. In a word, fantastic video to debut for the k7. IMHO, this is the best video that I have seen from K-7.

Thanks for sharing,
Hin
Wow thank you guys, I just got back from another shoot and I'm very happy with the positive responses

QuoteOriginally posted by kittykat46 Quote
Really good videos.

Cambodia.....daytime temperature 35 - 37 degrees C, I believe, and you didn't get the dreaded green line. That's a good sign....
Oh the temperature is a bit warmer here in the Philippines and so far the K-7 hasn't let me down

QuoteOriginally posted by PCoelho Quote
Really nice video/editing, nobody would say it's your first time.

Congrats.
Hahaha thank you so much! I was quite nervous when I got home in case I didn't know what to do with the footage I got

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
Fantastic video Diego! You could pretty much sell it straight to the Cambodian Tourist board or some such organization... Great work.
Thank you very much! Much appreciated


Diego
08-14-2009, 09:18 AM   #15
Veteran Member
soccerjoe5's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philippines
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,354
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ivoire Quote
Excellent video! Never would have guessed it was a 'first time'. What editing software did you use?
Thanks buddy! I just used iMovie

I believe I should use larger fonts for my texts though because at the second song I put all the stuff I used for making the movie

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
Nice first shot.
Only things annoying were
- overshooting focus (a split prism might help or some kind of focus confirmation assistance like showing you where focus is by moving a focus point overlay around) and then coming back to it
- those weird vertical lines when shooting in low light where the bright lights are

Haha yeah I know but I kinda like the focusing/misfocusing effect, I'm sure a split prism would help a lot!

SR appears to work well...
About the vertical lines, that was from my LX3, not from the K-7

QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
Having seen your "first" go at video editing I shall hide and never show one of my vacation videos I edited to dvd over the last 10 years. Never! What does jump out at me also is the beautiful use of lenses versus the old dedicated video cam I used to use.

You will be looking back at this creation and enjoying it even more in 30 years if you still find a way to play it.

Nice.
Thank you very much for the kind words! But please, don't be ashamed of your work! I'd love to see what you see through your camera (stills and videos)!

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I enjoyed it , the music was very appropriate as well. Nice job.
Thank you very much daacon!

Diego
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
cambodia, camera, diego, dslr, k-7, k-7 video, photography, trip, video
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel Gate at an Angkor Wat Temple, Cambodia vikingo Photo Critique 6 07-26-2010 02:58 PM
People Washing the dishes, Cambodia vikingo Photo Critique 7 06-11-2010 02:37 AM
January 2010 Co-Runner-Up: Bayon, Cambodia CX15 Winners' Showcase 4 03-18-2010 05:12 PM
Trip to Vietnam + Cambodia : The DA35 Ltd is now my favorite portrait lens soccerjoe5 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 23 08-18-2009 10:11 PM
More Angkor Wat in Cambodia vagrant10 Post Your Photos! 10 05-20-2009 08:51 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:47 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top