Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2009, 03:57 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Two questions:

1. Why are you taking photos at all? You know it's not about the camera, right? It's about the pictures.

2. Why not just get a K1000 and some nice film? That might slow you down some.

08-16-2009, 04:41 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Why is it every time I start a topic I get attacked? Enough people, this should have ended when I made my decision.

The wheel on the 20D is designed differently. I am going to pay Damn Brit back (not that it's anyone's business) when I get the money to do so, when I will then sell the *ist DS and buy a K10D. Does anyone have any more questions?
08-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #48
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How about "Can we close this thread now?"
08-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #49
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
Why is it every time I start a topic I get attacked? Enough people, this should have ended when I made my decision.

The wheel on the 20D is designed differently. I am going to pay Damn Brit back (not that it's anyone's business) when I get the money to do so, when I will then sell the *ist DS and buy a K10D. Does anyone have any more questions?
Most folks pay back the debt then worry about a new camera. So in reality you don't have the money for upgrading.

And I think we have all answered your first question ad nauseum

08-16-2009, 06:20 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Why does it matter? I'm going to pay him back so why are you critisizing what I do? Really, stop it.
08-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #51
graphicgr8s

Why does it matter? I'm going to pay him back so why are you critisizing what I do? Really, stop it.
If I loaned someone money and I heard they were looking to buy something new before paying up I'd be pissed. It's the right thing to do.
08-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm not going to buy anything before paying him. I'm going to pay him and then sell the camera to buy the new one. Thanks for your suggestions though.

08-16-2009, 06:34 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why is it every time I start a topic I get attacked?
I hope you did not take my post as an attack; I meant it sincerely. I do not see being slowed down as a bad thing, but a good. And one must know why they are taking photos before knowing what gear to get.

Anyway, no offense meant.
08-16-2009, 06:47 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Original Poster
None taken, it's ok. I tend to overreact sometimes, so I apologize for that.

I mostly either do landscapes or telephoto. Rarely inbetween.
08-16-2009, 07:01 PM   #55
graphicgr8s

Curious about something. Why did you start this thread when you already had this one going
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/69560-i-get-finall...ade-again.html
08-16-2009, 07:03 PM   #56
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I wasn't totally stuck then.
08-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #57
Veteran Member

I am curious why are you saying that the *istDS that you have is limiting you? The camera may not have weather sealing or shake reduction or support the HSM lens but it is a very capable camera. I think you need to step back from keeping up with the jones and simply enjoy your camera. I have the K100d and love it I upgraded to the K200D when a deal came along I could afford. Neither of these cameras are flagship cameras but both of them still outperform my abilites. Enjoy the camera you have and stop always looking over the hill at the next bigger better camera with more bells and whistles.
08-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #58
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I wouldn't exactly call getting the K10D or the Canon 20D keeping up with the Joneses. The *ist DS is slow and has a small LCD and many other problems that the K10D doesn't. I like my *ist DS, but I'm ready to move up to something that fits me more.
08-16-2009, 08:22 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Actually fellows... if you count all the adaptors you can put on the Canon D series cams... the Canon is probably the compatability champion... Just not with all canon lenses
Olympus is probably the compatibility champ with is short registration distance.
Canon is close though I suspect.
Canon EOS film and digital SLRs can, on the other hand, accept almost anything BUT a Canon FD lens with adapters: Nikon, OM, Pentax M42 Screw, and Leica SLR lenses can all be adapted.
The Olympus DSLRs are the most versatile of all in terms of accepting older lenses via adapters. There are adapters for OM, Nikon, Pentax (both screw mount AND bayonet), Leica R and Minolta MD lenses to fit Olympus DSLR cameras.
SLR Lens Mount Identification Guide
08-16-2009, 09:57 PM   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Olympus is probably the compatibility champ with is short registration distance.
Canon is close though I suspect.
Canon EOS film and digital SLRs can, on the other hand, accept almost anything BUT a Canon FD lens with adapters: Nikon, OM, Pentax M42 Screw, and Leica SLR lenses can all be adapted.
The Olympus DSLRs are the most versatile of all in terms of accepting older lenses via adapters. There are adapters for OM, Nikon, Pentax (both screw mount AND bayonet), Leica R and Minolta MD lenses to fit Olympus DSLR cameras.
SLR Lens Mount Identification Guide
With Oly there's pretty much no wide angles though, even the rare 20mm lenses would be a 40mm, not even considered wide, with the even rarer 15mm only starting to get wide.

I'd say Canon is still king, but Pentax is king if your cabinet is full of K-mount.

I choose pentax colors over canon anyday though... unless it's the 5D or 1D
Closed Thread