Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K20 RAW & WB questions...

I continue a bit overwhelmed with the complexity of all the settings on the new K20, but two questions pop up:
Question # 1: can the RAW button be set up so it toggles jpeg to RAW (and back) without jpeg+RAW? If not, do most folks shoot both then delete the jpeg files in camera to speed up the file handling? I like to use RAW, but would occasionally go into jpeg just to play around with the monochrome and sepia filters to see results before shooting and the one-step RAW button seems like it would come in handy... or am I missing some advantage with the RAW+JPEG system?
Question #2: there are 255 patterns for WB fine tuning, so, any suggested settings, or a site that summarizes some of the most common settings (bright outdoors, cloudy outdoors, natural light indoors, etc)? I see how to do it, but not why or what conditions are best for what settings.
Thanks for any help,
Brian

08-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I believe that with my K10 the only option that I have is Raw+Jpeg. I don't think that it displays both on the LCD but it saves both to the chip. I know that I can set the camera so that I can either set the RAW button to toggle RAW on and off or to just shoot RAW for one shot.
08-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You're right, see the link...

QuoteOriginally posted by jimH Quote
I believe that with my K10 the only option that I have is Raw+Jpeg. I don't think that it displays both on the LCD but it saves both to the chip. I know that I can set the camera so that I can either set the RAW button to toggle RAW on and off or to just shoot RAW for one shot.
You're right, I finally got it to work that way. Here's the exchange on "the other forum" dpreview on the topic Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
Brian
08-18-2009, 09:10 PM   #4

Location: N/E Victoria, Australia, on the mighty Murray River.
Photos: Albums
go to rec.mode in menu. Scroll to the RAW button and click right. Select cancel each time and then click down to the top option in the list. Click right and choose jpeg.
The option should now read JPEG > JPEG. click OK and exit menu. Pressing the RAW button will now let you take 1 jpeg image.