Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Viewfinders Attachments For The K7

As much as I love the K7 I findd the viewfinder annoying as my nose is pressed against the LCD screen, always leaving it marked and oily, I find the eye cup of the VF doesn't stick out far enough,

Any ideas for attachments available to help?

08-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Most obvious choice would be Pentax's own O-ME53 view finder loupe.

I use it and it never comes off my camera.

Wim
08-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #3

Yup using O-ME53 on my K-7
08-19-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
Banned

I use an old Pentax eyecup-M. not the best solution but it works and looks quite good.

Oeilleton-M Pentax LX eyecup-M

08-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #5

Using a KPS UMC viewfinder magnifier. The rubber eyecup does give a bit more separation between the camera and face.

I am torn whether to keep using it - the magnification it provides (1.3x) is brilliant, and it really helps focusing and seeing more detail (especially with my weak eyesight), but the close eyepoint means I really need to cram my eye right into the viewfinder to get a comfortable view of the whole frame. Don't even think about it if wearing glasses.
08-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PolishMike Quote
Don't even think about it if wearing glasses.
That's what I was afraid of. Just no solution for the damn little viewfinders.
08-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #7
Pentaxian

I have same problem with you, in order to see everything through the viewfinder, I have to press my face really close against the camera and my nose always smears the LCD. If I don't do this, the corners get cut off and sometimes I can't see the digital meter thing inside the viewfinder.

I hear that these magnifiers aren't good if you're wearing portholes. So looks like I'm out of luck. The only solution may be to wear a bandage on my nose.
08-20-2009, 08:09 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I think it depends on your correction. I have used it on my K10 and now the K7 and my correction is 2.5. I have sports hogies and drop the glasses for shooting. I find the correction to be more than adequate with room to spare for a little more correction. Perhaps find a local dealer who can let you try it.

08-21-2009, 02:18 AM   #9

One word: contacts

My eyesight is all wrecked from too much reading and Mario as a kid (well, the genes probably helped too), and discovering contact lenses really improved my quality of life (was breaking/scratching a pair of glasses every couple of months doing sports, the lenses mean I actually have my peripheral vision back, they don't fog up or fall off). The next step is laser eye, but I spend too much upgrading my Pentax optics to have any money left for my internal ones.

Then again, some people get irritated eyes from lenses, and they are a pain if you've got astigmatism I hear.
08-21-2009, 05:44 AM   #10

I wear glasses. They're suppose to be trifocals but I use bifocals. I have the viewfinder magnifier. I also have the Giotto cover for the LCD. I have no problem using the magnifier with or without glasses. What "I've heard" is that the magnifier works fine for most people.

I still get nose smears on the glass cover of the LCD. I wipe it off but, hey, that's just me. I suppose I could use a Lenspen but it isn't that much of a problem.
08-21-2009, 06:20 AM   #11

I have no problems seeing entire viewfinder with K-7 + O-ME53 can even see the indicators at the bottom clearly where same O-ME53 on K200D cut some of that off and I wear glasses too.