Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2007, 05:51 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Weather Sealing for K10D???

I just found many dusts in the LCD screen of my K10D.
Does anyone know why this could happen since K10D has weather sealing???
Is it possible that those dust got in there while I was blowing/cleaning my CCD???

Thanks...^_^

05-15-2007, 06:41 PM   #2
Forum Member

don't forget that any time you take the lens off, dust can get in the body. That stands for cleaning, changing lenses etc.

When changing lenses in the field, a good recommendation is to hold the camera body facing down, so less dust falls in.
05-15-2007, 08:59 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had to think about that one for a second. Dust in the LCD? That is a new one. How do you even see dust in the LCD?
05-17-2007, 06:54 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
I had to think about that one for a second. Dust in the LCD? That is a new one. How do you even see dust in the LCD?
Ha..maybe I should've said dust on the LCD (but inside the camera body).
Does Pentax USA help customers clean it???
Do they charge for cameras still under warranty???

Thanks...

05-17-2007, 07:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

They shouldn't charge a thing for that if it is under warranty but call them first to make sure it is a warranty issue. I think the only cost you have to worry about is getting the camera to one of their repair depots. They'll send it back to you free if you have to mail it in. You'll be out of a camera for a little while though.

You're not talking about the sensor? This is what I'm reading...the lcd screen on the back of the camera? (I had to reread this a few times too)
05-19-2007, 10:19 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
They shouldn't charge a thing for that if it is under warranty but call them first to make sure it is a warranty issue. I think the only cost you have to worry about is getting the camera to one of their repair depots. They'll send it back to you free if you have to mail it in. You'll be out of a camera for a little while though.

You're not talking about the sensor? This is what I'm reading...the lcd screen on the back of the camera? (I had to reread this a few times too)
You're reading correctly. I was talking about the LCD, not the CCD sensor.
I really don't know how dusts got in there.
It would NOT affect the pics at all but I would still like to clean it if they wouldn't charge for it...

Anyways, thanks for your reply.

Last edited by Sleepy; 05-21-2007 at 09:24 AM.
05-19-2007, 11:37 AM   #7
Forum Member

The only way I've ever seen dust get INTO an LCD is if it somehow wasn't sealed correctly.... unless this is from a result of the camera being dropped or something, I would definately give Pentax service a ring...

05-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #8
Inactive Account

I noticed dust in the lower corners of the LCD screen on my K100D. I didn't think to mention it when I had the dealer send it in for warranty repair of the onboard flash. Maybe they'll blow it out while they're working on it.
05-19-2007, 03:08 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sleepy Quote
I just found many dusts in the LCD screen of my K10D.
Does anyone know why this could happen since K10D has weather sealing???
Is it possible that those dust got in there while I was blowing/cleaning my CCD???
I don't know the answer, but I've had a similar problem: About ten days ago, I noticed a tiny bug crawling around inside the LCD panel (the display on the top of the camera on the right). I can't see him now and have not seen him for a week or more, so I guess he died. But I thought it a bit odd.

Will
05-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
I don't know the answer, but I've had a similar problem: About ten days ago, I noticed a tiny bug crawling around inside the LCD panel (the display on the top of the camera on the right). I can't see him now and have not seen him for a week or more, so I guess he died. But I thought it a bit odd.

Will
That is some freaky stuff! I would be buggin' out! Pun intended, but that would seriously bother me.
05-19-2007, 08:31 PM   #11

Must have been a very large bug if you could tell it was male.

Possibly a firmware bug that dissapeared after upgrading to v1.2.....