Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2009, 07:18 AM   #1
Inactive Account

I want my K-7 dammit

So i ordered one of these babies from dcw on the 12/8,there website states
they will be getting stock mid august,but they still dont have em when i called yesterday.
hearing all you guys rave about your new toy is agonizing!!
has anyone heard about stock delays in australia or anything?

oh yeah i know im impatient...but arent we all in some way

08-21-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Shopbot seems to indicate some AU retailers have it in stock:

Pentax K-7 - Price Comparison - Buy Cheap in Australia

Try some of the other retailers aside from DCW maybe.

But yeah, I get the feeling stock is short, or the AU distributor of Pentax is just bumbling around as usual.
08-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Same here in Norway guys, only with one retailer, and then at 2000 Kroner more than all the other retailers are showing as their price!

Feel as if I have been waiting for months, well in fact I have, since making the first enquiries, and being told to wait for two weeks.
08-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
yeah cheers rawr!...i really shouldnt believe the retailer on their stock dates before giving them my money eh!!guess ill just have to wait like the rest of us sorry suckers!
Does seem that stock is selling fast though.
come on c.r kennedy bitches!!!/pentax

08-22-2009, 12:35 AM   #5
Inactive Account

I've had one on order since August 3rd, same story here

Apparently the next drop from CR K should be in September, but some retailers like digidirect still have some.
08-22-2009, 12:40 AM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like they're takin' a page out of Pentax's marketing strategy...
Enjoy waiting...
08-22-2009, 06:01 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Why are so many people so anxious to get their hands on this piece of j*k which produces green lines after 5 seconds Video in cold Winter weather, overexposes just about any scene, Noisier at ISO100 than the ancient K10D, etc. etc....

Just my poor attempt at being a troll....

08-22-2009, 06:24 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
yeah that was a lame comment dude!

im so ****en impatient to have it because the camera i use is a pentax mz-50
SLR so i think the move from a 10 year old camera will bring alot of wow factor with this horrible piece of k-7 junk which 9 outta 10 people love...end
08-22-2009, 07:38 AM   #9

Photos: Gallery
Over the last six years I was ripped off,made to wait etc etc. so now I get all my bits (cameras,lenses ), from overseas (usually the States).If it"s new I still have the international warranty but never had to use it....Does that DCW get their stock from overseas too as they need it??? They are the cheapest and I see they mention imported or something similar. Anyway...patience is a virtue they reckon....
08-22-2009, 07:38 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Wow. MZ50 >>> K7 is probably gonna blow your socks off.

Be prepared to do a lot of reading of the manual.

Maybe while you wait for the camera to arrive, download the K7 manual and start reading now. Then, once the body arrives, you'll be a K7 expert.
08-22-2009, 08:16 AM   #11
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, I think it's sad for Aussie retail when you pay top dollar locally for gear that you could get cheaper from U.S. vendors AND have it posted to you in days rather than weeks...
08-22-2009, 08:42 AM   #12

Dandog,

Since you are in WA, have you tried calling Camera Electronics to check out their stock level?
Last time I checked, (almost a month ago) they have a few in stock.
08-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #13
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thanks for the replies fellas's,
that really sucks to hear such bad things about aussie retailer's dave
i think ill have to call dcw on monday see wtf goin on cause i need this baby before sep 23(roadtrip)
maybe i should have just got it from u.s.a
or maybe ill just call camera electronics?
who knows really.
i understand there has been a few issues with the k-7 on the first batch so maybe thats why its taking a while for the next lot to roll out?
Yeah Rawr ive already read a fair bit of the online manualits gonna blow my socks of alright

certainly is a big learning curve for me considering i been outta the game for a while, but im hella lookin forward to getting my hands(and head)around this thing
08-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
although I had already read the manual, I sometimes refer to it when I use an specific function or feature that I don't use often. it does help. although sometimes I just wish that I could combine all the bracketed or multiple exposed images in the K-7 (a feature that the K-7 doesn't have) for HDR. yes, I know that the K-7 has an HDR feature, but found it insufficient though it produce some decent HDR images.
08-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #15
Forum Member

dandog: i have also had one on order for a couple of weeks now. the latest from CR Kennedy is a drop due the first few days in September. they have had some very unusual delays getting stock into the country.

gotta keep playing the waiting game, unless you want to pay more from another supplier. i'm sure teds.com.au might have some if you're willing to pay $2000