Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #1

Pentax K20d Warranty questions....

I heard some rumblings that if you purchased this camera by the end of July 2009, it was covered by a 3-year warranty rather than the typical 1-year warranty. Is this true? And if so, how do I go about registering and making sure this applies to my gear? I bought it around July 20th (dont remember exactly) and I remember pulling the trigger because I wanted to do it within this time frame to get that extended warranty.

I apologize if this has already been covered, I just wanted to have a definitive answer on the question. Thanks for all your help!

08-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I remember reading on the registration form that you have about a month from the date of purchase to register in order to qualify for the 3-year warranty.
08-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I bought my K20d in January and sent the info to Pentax in June/July and i got mine.

Here's the e-mail I got from Pentax:

Thank you for contacting Pentax.

Yes, you should be qualified for the free upgrade to the 3 year extended warranty on your K20D if you purchased the camera new.

Any K20D purchased between October, 2008 and July 31, 2009 from an authorized Pentax dealer in the US qualifies for a free upgrade to the 3 yr. Pentax Extended Warranty. If you did not receive your warranty card from the dealer you can obtain one from Pentax
by emailing (pentaxinfo@pentax.com) or faxing (919-501-7575) a copy of your
dated proof of purchase (sales receipt, credit card statement, order
confirmation, packing slip, etc.) along with your name and address to
Pentax, Attn.: K20D Ext. Warranty. Upon receipt of your warranty card you
will need to register your warranty control number with your name, address
and camera's serial number by going to this website:
http://pc-wweb.pentax.com/scripts/wsisa.dll/WService=wsbroker1/extopFs.htm
OR by calling the technical support center at the number below.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

If you would like to participate in our new Pentax Survey, please call 1-800-350-3891.

Sincerely,
Randall Schumacher
Pentax Imaging Technical Support
08-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #4

I bought my K20D around the same time as the OP. E-mailed info, to no avail. Waited a couple of weeks and faxed receipt, etc. Got the extended warranty card in mail last week. I believe it's three extra years, for a total of four years.

08-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WalterGA Quote
I bought my K20D around the same time as the OP. E-mailed info, to no avail. Waited a couple of weeks and faxed receipt, etc. Got the extended warranty card in mail last week. I believe it's three extra years, for a total of four years.
Awesome. Exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks for the help everyone, I'll contact Pentax immediately.
08-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WalterGA Quote
I had the same exact experience in the same exact time frame. I was further informed when i did send a second email that the whole thing about having to register after getting the card was no longer necessary and that Pentax will accept POP and the warranty card for claims henceforth.

Seaain