Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2009, 09:47 PM   #1

Charger compatibility question with digital concepts battery

I just bought a Digital Concepts BPL-150 battery (made by Sakar) for my Pentax K10D. I put it in the Pentax stock charger that came with my camera. The charge light came on briefly, but then went off. I tried putting the battery in again over and over, and sometimes the light comes on briefly, sometimes not at all. I cleaned the leads on the battery and same thing. Has anyone had any similar experience, or a different experience where the charger worked on this model battery? I'm trying to determine whether it's a battery problem or a compatibility problem (I notice that the battery does not fit as tightly in the charger as my stock battery that came with the camera). The charger charges my stock battery fine so I don't think it's a problem with the charger. Thanks in advance for any input or insight.

08-22-2009, 04:38 AM   #2

Could it be that the new battery is fully charged?
08-22-2009, 06:28 AM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like the most obvious problem...
Try completely discharging your batteries (keep using them on the K100D until they are completely empty) and then recharging again.
Rechargeables usually have a 'wear in' period after which their best performance starts to kick in...
08-22-2009, 07:46 AM   #4

Original Poster
I think you both are right. I just got the battery and the instructions say to fully charge before using, so I presumed it would need this. I just put it in the camera and it does seem to have a full charge. Thanks for helping. I should have just tried that in the first place!