Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2009, 11:52 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Does the cracked bottom plate affect weather sealing?

I'm talking about the K10D problem.

08-22-2009, 07:06 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I'm talking about the K10D problem.
Don't carry it upside-down in rainstorm.
08-22-2009, 10:01 AM   #3

If you are worried, it will cost about $15 to order a new bottom plate and seals.
08-22-2009, 10:46 AM   #4
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Don't carry it upside-down in rainstorm.
Funny, I looked at this thread last night and was going to say exactly the same words as you.
Then I reconsidered because I thought it sounded too much like right wing scare tactics.

08-22-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Funny, I looked at this thread last night and was going to say exactly the same words as you.
Then I reconsidered because I thought it sounded too much like right wing scare tactics.
We capitalist pigs aren't afraid to speak our minds.
08-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

We capitalist pigs aren't afraid to speak our minds.
Be nice, now. Remember....you're supposed to judge his intentions, not the results.
08-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #7
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Be nice, now. Remember....you're supposed to judge his intentions, not the results.
Actually, that was in response to Gary's jab at me for being an openly conservative Republican. All joking aside, I applaud Cody's initiative.

08-22-2009, 06:23 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Actually, that was in response to Gary's jab at me for being an openly conservative Republican. All joking aside, I applaud Cody's initiative.
A parable:

During the intense fighting for control of Guadalcanal during WWII one particular Marine was quite despondent over having yet been unable to claim an enemy kill, despite several encounters. His sergeant noticed the young man's frustration and counseled him on a sure-fire way to get a kill.

"What you do is you yell out 'F*ck Hirohito!' at the top of your lungs. That'll piss your guy off. He'll jump out to charge you and when he does you just blast his ass. Simple."

Following the unit's next encounter with the enemy the sergeant checked on the fellow to see how his advice had worked and found the young Marine even more frustrated than before. He asked if he had tried the advice.

"Sure, I did exactly what you said. I yelled 'F*ck Hirohito!' at the top of my lungs."

"What happened? Did he jump up like I said?"

"Yes. He jumped up and yelled back 'F*ck Roosevelt!' at the top of his lungs."

"So did you shoot him???"

"What?!?! And kill the only other Republican on the whole f*cking island????"
08-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #9
Damn Brit

You're one of the good ones though.
08-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #10
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

A parable:

During the intense fighting for control of Guadalcanal during WWII one particular Marine was quite despondent over having yet been unable to claim an enemy kill, despite several encounters. His sergeant noticed the young man's frustration and counseled him on a sure-fire way to get a kill.

"What you do is you yell out 'F*ck Hirohito!' at the top of your lungs. That'll piss your guy off. He'll jump out to charge you and when he does you just blast his ass. Simple."

Following the unit's next encounter with the enemy the sergeant checked on the fellow to see how his advice had worked and found the young Marine even more frustrated than before. He asked if he had tried the advice.

"Sure, I did exactly what you said. I yelled 'F*ck Hirohito!' at the top of my lungs."

"What happened? Did he jump up like I said?"

"Yes. He jumped up and yelled back 'F*ck Roosevelt!' at the top of his lungs."

"So did you shoot him???"

"What?!?! And kill the only other Republican on the whole f*cking island????"
That's kind of how I feel on this forum sometimes. (insert big smile here. I'm on my blackberry again.)
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
You're one of the good ones though.
thanks, Gary. That one made my day!
08-23-2009, 02:19 AM   #11
Veteran Member

That's kind of how I feel on this forum sometimes. (insert big smile here. I'm on my blackberry again.)
Just be sure not to shoot me, then.
08-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #12
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
I think that's a bit like saying, will this hole in the bottom of the boat cause it to sink.
08-25-2009, 04:45 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
I think that's a bit like saying, will this hole in the bottom of the boat cause it to sink.
Not quite.

If you're moving fast enough, a hole in the bottom of the boat can actually allow water to drain out of the boat, with the water speeding by serving as a sort of eductor pump.
08-25-2009, 04:58 AM   #14
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Not quite.

If you're moving fast enough, a hole in the bottom of the boat can actually allow water to drain out of the boat, with the water speeding by serving as a sort of eductor pump.
That would be a good Mythbusters episode. I had never heard that, but the physics certainly seem right.
08-25-2009, 07:32 AM   #15
Veteran Member

That would be a good Mythbusters episode. I had never heard that, but the physics certainly seem right.
To me the most interesting and mysterious piece of gear I encountered while in the Navy was the Peri-Jet Eductor. The idea of pumping water into a flooded space to dewater it was something I never could have imagined.