Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2009, 05:01 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
To me the most interesting and mysterious piece of gear I encountered while in the Navy was the Peri-Jet Eductor. The idea of pumping water into a flooded space to dewater it was something I never could have imagined.
That's because it was the Navy. I know you don't like emoticons, so I will just say...J/K. I served from 64-68 (but I was a radioman).

08-26-2009, 12:30 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Not quite.

If you're moving fast enough, a hole in the bottom of the boat can actually allow water to drain out of the boat, with the water speeding by serving as a sort of eductor pump.
Venturi effect. Most very-low pressure vacuum pumps work on this principle.
08-26-2009, 11:08 AM   #18
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
But if boat aint moving, it sinks

Camera with cracked base aint weather sealed
08-27-2009, 07:39 PM   #19
Veteran Member

To me the most interesting and mysterious piece of gear I encountered while in the Navy was the Peri-Jet Eductor. The idea of pumping water into a flooded space to dewater it was something I never could have imagined.
Leave it to the military. That is one tough pump! Being on a naval vessel (I never have been) I am sure water pumps and fire hose valves are abundant. If a compartment floods and there is debris floating around a normal impeller type pump would need to be much larger, heavy, not so portable... to handle what this device can without worry of clog or hazardous chemicals it will just push it all out. Who would think of something like this.

Thanks for showing

08-27-2009, 07:51 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I'm talking about the K10D problem.

It could, most of the cracks don't though. I had the the crack on my first GX10 and just cut a small piece of electrical tape and tightly put it on, worked great and lasted a long time before needing replacing.

But just do like the other poster said and order a new bottom plate from Pentax parts depts. Make sure it comes with the weather-sealing, if not get those as well. Pentax is very reasonable on the price for common service parts. I just ordered a rear LCD cover for my K20D at $2.60 and the two way tape for .60 cents. Shipping was $8 so I went ahead and ordered two of each may as well . Now I don't worry about my rear LCD cover. Both are very easy jobs.
08-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by jamesm007 Quote
But just do like the other poster said and order a new bottom plate from Pentax parts depts.
Where exactly is this Pentax parts department? Link? Phone number?