Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #76
Veteran Member

I have been using Delkin class 6 for 2 years without a blip at all. Sandisk is $$$$$$$$$$$.

01-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #77
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Andi, thanks. I don't know if these Rayovacs I bought are hybrids or not. The package just says Rayovac rechargeables and they're NiMHs.

I found the Sandisk I bought two years ago for my p&s Nikon was pretty cheap. It came as a two fer for $30. At that time I had money as I had just sold my truck. And I wasn't disputing you using the Delkin, Alfisti, just that I had never heard of that brand. That price I paid was pretty cheap. All I paid was the taxes, if I bought them from B&H I would have had to pay shipping too.
01-02-2010, 09:00 PM   #78
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Andi, thanks. I don't know if these Rayovacs I bought are hybrids or not. The package just says Rayovac rechargeables and they're NiMHs.
If it doesnt say hybrid then it's probably the plain ol NiHM, but it will still work fine in K100d.
01-02-2010, 09:04 PM   #79
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
We'll see if they are as good as those I ususally use, Energizer Ultimate Lithiums. Course Energizer rechargeables are bad, imo. I've never gotten one to hold a full charge right off the charger.

I guess I would have to order the Rayovac hybrids. I have not seen any for sale locally.

01-06-2010, 05:08 AM   #80
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
Update: Got the email with tracking number last night. Camera will be here Thursday.
01-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #81
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
Been playing around with it. Started another thread about another problem but that's solved now too.

I did find, through PhotoME, that it only has 2732 Actuations and Firmware was already updated to lastest one, ver. 1.02 so I can use SDHC cards in it.
01-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #82
Veteran Member

cool... it's got lot's of life in it!

01-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #83
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yeah, that's what I thought when I saw the actual actuations. The camera looks brand new. No scratches or dents anywhere. Some one took very good care of this camera, then I guess they decided they wanted something newer. Good for me, eh.

I have to get a bigger capacity card for it though. Shooting raw I get only 186 shots.

I'll borrow my brothers little Nikon and take photos of it tomorrow.
01-08-2010, 02:07 AM   #84
juu
Veteran Member

I did find, through PhotoME, that it only has 2732
wow that's really good.
01-31-2010, 05:55 AM   #85
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
On the Ray o Vacs.........they are bad. These are not the Hybrids. I charged all eight for over 16 hours and put them in the camera, they showed half charge after only two days of shooting. I took out the Energizer Ultimate Lithiums I had in my film camera (these were over two months old) and put them in the K100D and they're still showing full charge and this was done a week ago.

My brother will inherit the Ray o Vacs. LOL

I forgot to add........I LOVE THIS CAMERA........sorry about the screaming but it's so much nicer to take photos and have them available right now and costs nothing to get them to my computer.

Last edited by photolady95; 01-31-2010 at 06:54 AM.
01-31-2010, 10:19 AM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Morning, With my K100 I have been using PNY, PQI, Pairtoit, Kingston, Transcend, with no problems. I will not use A-Data, as others have had too many reported problems. I usually get class 6 cards, but with the K100, speed is not really an issue (class 4 or 133x is more than sufficient). I have a number of 1GB, 2GB and 4GB cards. I use the 4GB cards in my K20 and LX3, with the larger image size. I think that the smaller sizes are perfect (at least for me) in that you are going to download them probably the same day. I am now doing large multi-row stitched images (with HDR) so yes I can burn through 100 images for a single shot, and I am going to need to get a larger card.

Several years ago, folks were suggesting the smaller cards were better in the event of a failure, you loose fewer images. I have never had a failure (yet).

I use to order mail order when I found good prices. I have not bought cards for well over a year (a year ago Thanksgiving Scandisk had a free special and I picked up 3).

The current prices for a 1GB card is about $4
sd cards 1gb - Google Product Search

.. with 2GB cards going for $5 to $10
sd cards 1gb - Google Product Search

I would NOT buy SDcards off of evilbay.

Batteries - The best batteries I have ever used bar none are Energizer e2 Photo L91 Camera battery - AA - Li 2900 mAh. They are not rechargable, but they last forever and are cheap.

Energizer e2 Photo L91 Camera battery - AA - Li 2900 mAh

The K100 is a very nice camera. I kept mine and have it in the truck (all the time) with the 2 kit lenses, and its perfect.
01-31-2010, 11:43 AM   #87
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
Right now the camera's firmware has been updated to allow me to use SDHC memory cards. I have a 2GB PNY and it works ok for now. I plan on getting a 4gb SDHC probably Sandisk. As now, I can only shoot 189 RAW photos with this 2GB card and I thought if I'm every away from home and computer, a larger card would allow me to store more photos.

I'm not real fond of rechargables. Even Engerizers standard NiMhs are not good. They don't hold their charge long enough for me. And so far Energizer Ultimate Lithiums have surpassed any rechargables I've used.
01-31-2010, 11:46 AM   #88
Veteran Member

Eneloops, they will solve your battery issues. As good as the lithiums are you need to keep buyin gthem, that's gonna get expensive.
01-31-2010, 03:10 PM   #89
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
I know. But..I buy Energizer Ultimates for other things too and always have spares on hand. Since they last a long time, even in my camera, I don't feel they are that expensive.

I do plan on getting some Enelops when I get some extra money......some day.
01-31-2010, 06:30 PM   #90
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I do plan on getting some Enelops when I get some extra money......some day.
So until then you'll spend 10 times as much on non-rechargeables? how does this make sense? $10 for Eneloops now and you're done, or else $10 every few weeks for nonrechargeables - if you're tight on money, you can't afford to *not* get rechargeables.