Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting K10D Glitch

I have my K10D set to use the grip battery first, the body battery second. I had an auto switch from grip to body battery. Having left my charger at home, right beside the front door so I would not forget it for the trip I ran the camera enough that it started up with the second or alternate battery without forcing me to do a quick off/on cycle to switch the battery from the grip.

I discovered after a few very "interesting" exposures that once the camera was using the second battery in the list, the AE-L was activated each time the camera was turned on, memorizing whatever the camera was pointed at when I turned it on. After some fiddling I found out that two longish presses on the AE-L would put the camera back into its normal mode of operation. A bit later I tried changing the menu selection to body first (where the battery with some charge in it was) from my default of grip first, and the problem disappeared.

Has anyone else noticed this oddball behaviour?