Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2007, 06:57 AM   #16
racinsince55

A couple of months after I bought my K100D, the K10D was announced. My first reaction was "Drat", "I should have waited and gotten the K10D."

For the last six months, I have been reading about all of the problems associated with the K10D. The banding issues, the flash issues & etc.

I'm now quite happy that I got the k100 and not the k10. I've read about very few problems with the K100/110. Well, issues with rechargeable batteries, but that's no a deal breaking problem.

05-18-2007, 07:15 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Thanks for the suggestions PDL, I am going to just ship it out to Pentax. It's under warranty, I will let them deal with it.
Good idea, but let us know how you make out. In the meantime you still have the K110D!

NaCl(good luck)H2O
05-18-2007, 07:34 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by racinsince55 Quote
For the last six months, I have been reading about all of the problems associated with the K10D. The banding issues, the flash issues & etc.
Well, those problems show themselves in a VERY small selection of cameras, but as usual, you only hear of the failures.

I have one of the early ones, and my flash works perfectly (although I mostly stopped using it now that I have the 540).

I *thought* I had a banding problem, but it was just ACR scr**ing up. With ACR3.7, all my problems disappeared. Fact is, ACR3.6 wanted to up the exposure two stops or more, automatically. Try pushing any photo two stops. It WILL look awful, and most, if not all, cameras will show banding problems if you push enough.

Last edited by kskjon; 05-18-2007 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Typos
05-18-2007, 01:17 PM   #19

Does the anti-shake / dust reduction still work? I'm wondering if the connector to the sensor module could have come loose. If running the dust reduction doesn't work anymore, I'd guess the sensor came loose. Hopefully Pentax can get this fixed and back to you quickly.

05-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
SR still lights up in the viewfinder, dont know how else to see if it is working. I am going to send it off tomorrow via UPS.
05-18-2007, 02:10 PM   #21

Thanks for checking. If you go to Menu->Setup->Dust Removal and activate it, do you feel it shake? I'm just curious. Hopefully Pentax will tell you what broke. Good luck with the repair.