Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2009, 12:26 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
ePhotozine DSLR group test

There is a group test between various cameras dated August 18 in ePhotozine.
The comments of this reviewer about the K-7 are generally good, however, one of the minus points for the K-7 is "Controls are hit and miss"
Huh?
Nowhere does he compare controls between the cameras and how subjective a viewpoint is that?
What does that mean anyway, Mr Reviewer?

08-27-2009, 05:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Camera lucida Quote
There is a group test between various cameras dated August 18 in ePhotozine.
The comments of this reviewer about the K-7 are generally good, however, one of the minus points for the K-7 is "Controls are hit and miss"
Huh?
Nowhere does he compare controls between the cameras and how subjective a viewpoint is that?
What does that mean anyway, Mr Reviewer?
Thanks for the link.
BTW, this is the link: DSLR group test Digital SLR Review

We can probably forget about overall ratings as they tried to render every brand justice. Every got 3 pros and 3 cons. And the rating scores were somewhat random.

More interesting are some details from the text. Let me quote this for the enjoyment of the forum

QuoteOriginally posted by ePhotozine:
ISO3200 is the final setting that all five cameras can compete at and the Nikon D300 is coming off the worst. The images are fudgy and lack detail but it's not followed far behind by the Canon EOS 50D which suddenly loses all cohesity. In a stunning about turn, Sony, Pentax and Olympus present the best noise pictures at ISO3200, clinging on to detail in the petals and beating noise away with a withered stick.
08-27-2009, 06:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I love the high ISO on my K7! I have to agree that the noise at ISO 3200 looks more like film grain to me than digital noise, which is making the Canikons hide in the dark noisy corner of the room in fear.
08-27-2009, 07:34 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Any idea if this was done in RAW, jpeg, what lenses used...?

08-27-2009, 08:18 AM   #5
Forum Member

I believe the reviewer said that he was only able to test using the kit lens - seems strange to me. Also, he did state that the outcome from the K7 was provisional since he was not testing a camera with the final firmware. Amateur Photographer has reviewed a K7, presumably, as is sold to the public, but I haven't seen the review yet!