Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K20d-Frame Count on panals..works w/"M" & "P" mode only?

New Owner Here....

OK, first let me tell you I have the "Display Sensitivity" set to display the "frame count". But I only get this in "M" & "P" mode. All the other modes I get the ISO setting.

Now, more info...I don't have an AF lens yet..(not at this posting...Delivery of one will be in a few hours)..I have mounted a Pentax "A" 50mm lens. And the Body is on MF with SR set for a 50mm lens.

I also have the Back Wheel set to change ISO or Shutter Speed depending on the options available for any particular mode I have set.

Am I missing something, or, does the "Display Sensitivity" control work on "All" the modes only with "AF" lens mounted ??

EDIT:
OK, Got the Sigma 70-300 APO, And I made sure that the "Display Sensitivity" option is on "OFF" (option 1)...I still get the Frame count with "M" & "P" mode...Is this how it works?..I thought the "Display Sensitivity" option would default one way or the other...not a combination of both...

I am OK with that, if that the way it is..Can't find more info in the manual yet.

Last edited by arbib; 08-28-2009 at 03:58 PM.
08-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I feel so dumb...

Found it Finaly in the manual....on using the "OK" button to see the Number of Frames Left.

Let's just say, This is my 1st Pentax DSLR, and the customization and multi-purpose buttons will take a little time to master....

The TAv mode sounds good for Studio work, and the MTF program sounds interesting with longer tele-zooms.

Now if I can find just this "Fine Sharping" option

Here is an image of my Tea Pot I took with my new Sigma 70-300 APO DG..very little cropping....My 1st OFFICIAL Photo to post with new (used) K20d and New Sigma tele-zoom

ISO 1600 no flash, NR in Camera on Weakest, no other NR. But standard Post stuff.