Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2008, 02:20 PM   #61
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's a lot of discussion about minutia here.
The K100D and K10D need no defence for what they are or what they can do.

It's already shown that people have successfully taken photos with the K10D under extreme conditions, so the "evidence" that the camera's lag time is too slow according to one "scientific" test bears little weight.

And what does a "die hard" Pentaxian have to gain by finding every opportunity and excuse to criticise a camera many people have used to capture breathtaking photos with? Time for this "die hard" to die a hard death with Pentax and move onto a camera that more pleases him, the Canon 1D Mk III maybe? Or there's an ulterior motive?

04-16-2008, 02:30 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PeterAM Quote
All I can say is, who cares?
like wise for me (in practical terms) shutter lag means the time to fire a shot, either manually focussed or finger already half pressing the shutter button, if I'm waiting for something I wouldn't miss it, as far as I am concered the K10D fires for practical purposes instantaneously, to throw focussing times in is silly focussing is not a prerequisite for a shot we can manually focus, the only time focussing is in the equation is on bridge cameras that can't be manually focused and we know they are crap anyhow they are not DSLR's I think the shutter lag argument is yet another comercial ploy to sway people to other makes in search of things that don't exist or that they don't need