Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneralBenson Quote
That is not a word either... Sorry.
???

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
According to Wikipedia.....Irregardless is a term meaning in spite of or anyway, that has caused controversy since it first appeared in the early twentieth century. It is generally listed in dictionaries as "incorrect" or "nonstandard".
There's no controversy. "Ir" means "not" (irresponsible = not responsible). Therefore, using the "ir" in front of "regardless" makes it mean the OPPOSITE of "in spite of or anyway." Not surprisingly, Wikipedia is stellar once again in its grasp of actual facts. So it is not a word in any useable sense.

Last edited by gnaztee; 09-02-2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Poor proofreading
09-02-2009, 11:47 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How on earth did I cope in the age of manual slr days when all my kids were young?

Practice??

In fact I have tons of pics of my kids taken with an Oly 5060 prosumer cam-at swimming gala's,athletics,skateboarding,rollerblading, moto-x - practice practice and learn timing.

I have played with a K7 and its focusing speed is way faster than the k10/20D and I have plenty action shots taken with the K10D as have others

cheers

Dylan
09-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
maybe what he meant was the shutter pauses after some time between shooting. I don't think that the term is shutter lag also but more of buffer fill. the shutter stops when the camera is emptying out the buffer. of course some people dont experience this with a faster card used.
The K-7 can take over 5 frames per second to a buffer of roughly 40 pictures. I can't believe his kids are moving that fast! This guy must be The Flash married to Wonder Woman! If that is not fast enough for you, I have one word you should consider: video.

Last edited by PentaxPoke; 09-02-2009 at 12:20 PM.
09-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gnaztee Quote
???

There's no controversy. "Ir" means "not" (irresponsible = not responsible). Therefore, using the "ir" in front of "regardless" makes it mean the OPPOSITE of "in spite of or anyway." Not surprisingly, Wikipedia is stellar once again in it's grasp of actual facts. So it is not a word in any useable sense.
Me fail English? That's unpossible!

YouTube - ralph wiggum funny moment

09-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
Me fail English? That's unpossible!

YouTube - ralph wiggum funny moment
Awesome
09-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dylansalt Quote
How on earth did I cope in the age of manual slr days when all my kids were young?

Practice??

In fact I have tons of pics of my kids taken with an Oly 5060 prosumer cam-at swimming gala's,athletics,skateboarding,rollerblading, moto-x - practice practice and learn timing.

I have played with a K7 and its focusing speed is way faster than the k10/20D and I have plenty action shots taken with the K10D as have others

cheers

Dylan
well, if it's focusing speed, the OP should had tried out shooting in lowlight using a K10D, K20D, and K7. as I said before, during my initial shooting tests done when my K7 arrived and tried it with a 35, it went firing like crazy in lowlight. it never even missed, not even once. and the focusing times it took if I would evaluate it is even below half a second (possibly a quarter). I used other lenses as well, other primes and zooms and still it performed very well.

my experience with the K20D under the same condition however was not that good as it was struggling to focus and was more prone to focus error on most occasions. actually it was virtually kept on focus hunting back and forth til it gave up.
09-02-2009, 02:28 PM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote
The K-7 can take over 5 frames per second to a buffer of roughly 40 pictures. I can't believe his kids are moving that fast! This guy must be The Flash married to Wonder Woman! If that is not fast enough for you, I have one word you should consider: video.
or someone who is faster than a speeding bullet.

it is very capable. with a slow card, you need to decrease the IQ and MP size abit as well as turning of some correctional features. but with a faster card, I don't think it would have any problem keeping up the pace with a maximum image setting.

09-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #53

QuoteOriginally posted by gnaztee Quote
There's no controversy. "Ir" means "not" (irresponsible = not responsible). Therefore, using the "ir" in front of "regardless" makes it mean the OPPOSITE of "in spite of or anyway." Not surprisingly, Wikipedia is stellar once again in it's grasp of actual facts. So it is not a word in any useable sense.
You're absolutely correct, but I find it ironic that you have incorrectly inserted an apostrophe in "it's grasp" -- "it's" is a contraction of "it is" while "its" is possessive.
09-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #54
Veteran Member

You're right. I have a nasty habit of not proofreading my forum posts

...fixed (and thanks for noticing!)
09-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #55
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I fail to see the logic in selling all your gear before you tried the K-7.
Maybe he had to sell his old gear to get money to buy new gear. He did not expect that the K-7 would not meet his expectations, if you know what I mean.

Rob
09-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #56
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HeavyD Quote
Well I sold off all my gear, went down to Adorama to buy a K7 and came back empty handed. The K7 sure does feel nice and the new screen and menus are cool too. What I didn't like was that the AF/shutter lag and AFC is still slow compared to the other two major brands. I also did not like the fact that the new K7, like my older K10d will not burst shoot with flash. This is something that I miss when I had a Canon 30d.
Didn't Imaging Resource find that the K-7's shutter lag was at least as good as the D300's? As far as AFC is concerned, user reports suggest that the K-7 may be somewhat behind the competition. That's too bad if you do the sort of photography that depends heavily on AFC. At the same time, the K-7 has in-camera SR, which gives it a huge advantage over the competition, IMO.

Life is full of compromises.

Rob
09-02-2009, 04:57 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Isn't it always the case that it is far easier to blame the camera instead of acknowledging poor technique, ability or the photographer's own failings.

Those who think the K-7 is deficient should take a leaf from this excellent work done entirely with the K-7. For those old foggies who think that video has no place in the camera, well time for a re-think and break out of that old paradigm.

YouTube - ?? (PENTAX K-7 MOVIE)
09-02-2009, 06:14 PM   #58
Inactive Account

Seems like the type of person that switches brands every time a new interesting camera comes out.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I fail to see the logic in selling all your gear before you tried the K-7.
09-02-2009, 08:51 PM   #59
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How many wives have you had?

I was once down on the river bank and heard two old men talking. One said to the other "Sam, I married the same woman seven times, names were different but she was always the same one".

My bet is that you are one of the cursed ones that can go to Canon, Nikon, Oly, Sony, Sigma, or Fuji....and end up with a Pentax every time.
Regards
Rupert
09-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #60
Damn Brit

I'm wondering how B&H felt about kids running around the store. Added to that, the light in the store may have had an impact on focusing.