Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K2000 Shutter Getting Stuck

My K2000's shutter has lately been getting stuck. The mirror will go up, but the shutter will not open. At this point, the power light turns off, and the screen goes blank. Turning it off and on doesn't fix it.

When I open the battery door and close it, the mirror comes back down and the camera comes back to life, and likely takes a couple more pics before getting stuck again.

Using brand new Nimh rechargeable batteries that were fully charged, and now half charged.

It did this a couple times a few weeks ago when the batteries were low and I shrugged it off as being dead batteries. But right now they are half full and doing it. Surely it has enough power to open the shutter?

I've taken probably 8000 pictures with this camera already. Is it possible for the shutter to already be failing? What's the rated life of it?

Thanks.

EDIT: One time when it failed it did actually take a picture and saved it to the SD card which I thought was odd. I was at a night club taking pics, and when the shutter got stuck, this was the freakish result.

http://blackevilweredragon.deviantart.com/art/Shutter-Incident-134514359

09-04-2009, 08:35 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Most likely the batteries. Your camera may have a high voltage threshold. Try new batteries that are fully charged and see if the problem continues.
09-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #3

before trying new batteries, try setting the correct type of battery manually in the menu..