Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #1

K7 not focusing on LiveView, Help me please

The K7 does not autofocus in LiveView,
Focuses only if I press the AF button, but much more slowly,and not when i press the shutter halfway.
someone would know suggest a remedy?
Thanks

Last edited by onairda; 09-04-2009 at 10:50 PM.
09-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
Forum Member

As far as I'm aware, that's the way it's meant to work (the AF button). You can tweak the AF mode used by LiveView - press the menu button then move over a couple of pages to the Live View settings. You will see three options for AF: face detect, contrast detect, phase detect.

Why not play around and see what works best for you?
09-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #3

Original Poster
Unfortunately I had already tried, but nothing
not just step in LiveView viewfinder is selected to be able to move as the selector is "sel" even if it in auto mode or center, and no way to avoid it, I also tried resetting the settings also debug I also updated the firmware, but still no result.
09-03-2009, 03:54 PM   #4
Veteran Member

In the menus, for Liveview, you can select "contrast detect", which is slow, but very accurate (what you have), "face contrast detect", and normal AF. They are all activated by pushing the AF button. In liveview, the shutter button is used solely for triggering the shutter. I've had a hard day, so right now, I'm too lazy to get my camera out and look for the proper menu page. Have fun!

09-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by onairda Quote
The K7 does not autofocus in LiveView,
Focuses only if I press the AF button, but much more slowly,and not when i press the shutter halfway.
someone would know suggest a remedy?
Thanks
In Liveview, it will autofocus only when you press the AF button. Its meant to work that way.
Page 159 of the menu.
The contrast-detect AF in Liveview is relatively slow, but usable for non-moving objects.
Phase-detect (the same method as non-Live View) is faster in focusing, but if you set it in Liveview, the LV will be interrupted, the mirror comes down, AF is performed, the mirror comes up, then only LV restarts.
09-03-2009, 08:34 PM   #6

Original Poster
I autofocus in Live View does not work even in the face detect, only works with the button af, as if he was stuck in contrast mode
how to change the way the autofocus for non LiveView?
09-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by onairda Quote
I autofocus in Live View does not work even in the face detect, only works with the button af, as if he was stuck in contrast mode
how to change the way the autofocus for non LiveView?
Sorry, I'm not sure what your problem is.
If you are in LiveView, and you press the AF button, and it autofocuses - there's no problem.
If you are in LiveView and half-press the shutter button , it will not autofocus.
If you want to set Phase-detect in Live View, go to the Custom Menu #3.- =>LiveView => Autofocus mode
09-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kittykat46 Quote
Sorry, I'm not sure what your problem is.
If you are in LiveView, and you press the AF button, and it autofocuses - there's no problem.
If you are in LiveView and half-press the shutter button , it will not autofocus.
If you want to set Phase-detect in Live View, go to the Custom Menu #3.- =>LiveView => Autofocus mode
but normally if septal face detect and hit key shots in the middle should focus, but to me it does not

09-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #9
Veteran Member

In your last post, you are saying that while NOT in Live View, autofocus does not work if half-pressing the shutter button but does work if you hold down the AF button?

If I understood your question correctly, then make sure Custom option 14, "AF with Press Halfway," is set to ON. This option is found in Menu->'C'->2nd page.

- Jason
09-03-2009, 10:53 PM   #10

Original Poster
yes it is set to ON,in non liveView working normally,I also tried to off, I also changed the 13 from ON to OFF
I tried everything but does not want to work, I'd like to focus in LiveView with face detection