Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does K20D has orientation sensor?

Does K20D has orientation sensor? if i take an image holding the camera vertical, and then view the image, it "somehow" knows that the image was taken vertically and so it displays it rotated to 45 degrees. thats fine. but if i rotate the camera, the image doesn't rotate. i need to click on the down button. if the camera has the orientation sensor, why can't it rotate the image automatically when the camera is rotated. if it doesn't, then how does the camera "know" the image was taken holding the camera vertically

and does this camera have proximity sensor if i'm viewing an image and want to take a photo and hold it near to the face, the screen doesn't turn off.
the D60 does have the proximity sensor and orientation sensor which is not even a close competitor for K20D.

maybe i'm asking for too much?

09-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

And your question is?

Sorry to be a little abrupt, but the answer to your first question is yes. The answer to your second question is no. I figured both out without touching a K20D or looking in the manual. The answers are in your message.

Now if you want to comment/complain about "missing" features, I would suggest that this message belongs somewhere other than in the Beginners Q&A section. (E.g. Pentax DSLR Discussion - PentaxForums.com or Everything Else - PentaxForums.com.)

Steve
09-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The K20D does not automatically rotate it's LCD display when you rotate the camera. The K-7 does, however.
09-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

If it's anything like the K200D, the K20D has an option to control whether the image is always displayed so it looks correct when holding the camera in normal (landscape) orientation, or whether images that were taken in vertical orientation are also displayed that. It does not have a mode where it automatically changes the display of an image as you rotate the camera like all the iPhone ads show. Seems slick, but probably not a feature one would normally use - either you're of the inclination to always view your pictures with the camera in landscape orientation, or you're of the inclination to always want to see your pictures as big as possible on the screen so you're willing to turn the camera around to get it. Simply choose the option that better fits your inclinination.

09-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #5

Original Poster
thank you all for your replies. i think i need to get used to the camera a bit more.
and yes i think this thread belons to Pentax DSLR Discussion, but can i move it?
09-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #6
Veteran Member

You can't, but I did :-)
09-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

My apologies to the OP. I just re-read my earlier comment. Boy was I in a p*ssy mood or what...

Steve

(Too much negative stuff going on off-line I guess...)