Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2009, 02:32 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Update: Pentax in Colorado Springs

A couple of weeks I reported that Cameraworks, at Union Blvd and Academy Blvd, carried some new Pentax gear. I asked the owner if they were going to carry the K7. He told me that it was on order and should be there soon.

So yesterday I did a pop in to see if it was in. It wasn't on the shelf. The first man to help me didin't know what a K7 was. So he turned to the owner that I talked to last time and asked him. The owner told me that he didn't have any in and that he could order one for me, but he really didn't want to sell "that camera" to me. He went on the explain he has heard of problems with the green banding of the sensor, which I had read about on here. The owner indicated that until the bug is fixed, he won't be carry K7. Then a early 20s woman who was working there too asked if I had a K20, saying that there was really no difference between the cameras. lol

Poor Pentax has no hope in the retail store front.

09-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Well, you can tell him that it's been fixed by a firmware revision. He must know that by now since it seems he reads at least one of the fora. See if another excuse emerges.