Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
JCPentax

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Have you not noticed how arrogant he appears to be when he does bother to post anything in the forum? It's not like we're customers or anything, is it?
Look at the K-7 tour recently, his posting to that died after a couple of dates, we got the rest of the dates from Ned Bunnells blog.
As I recall when JC started the K7 threads he the OP siad, essentially, "Be nice, or I'll stop replying."

Maybe we weren't nice enough.

09-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #17
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
You know what's even more amazing to me (if that's even possible) is that nary a one of them will come on here to either defend their practices or apologize for their shoddy behavior. Astounding. Could it actually be true that they are THAT oblivious?

I'm not trying to make trouble. I'm not trying to call foul and gripe about the the products. I just want to PURCHASE a replacement part of my camera kit that was stolen.
Notice I used the word 'arrogant' in my post Mel.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
As I recall when JC started the K7 threads he the OP siad, essentially, "Be nice, or I'll stop replying."

Maybe we weren't nice enough.
Is that any way to speak to his customers?
09-10-2009, 07:21 PM   #18
Veteran Member

If JC doesn't like to be in Customer Service then step aside and pass your job to someone else. It's all I've done for the past 8 years and I'd love that position.

That aside, I can't comment on Pentax US support but Pentax Canada I give kudos for! Quick turn around on an email when I had a burnt out resister on a board in my K100. It baffled me and them so I had to send it in for repair... that's where things went down hill.

Camera sent in under warranty, shipped free by the camera store where I purchased and given a K20D as a loaner. 5 weeks later I get it back, viewfinder is scratched on the inside, as Ralph Wiggum would say "That's unpossible"!!! Even the sales associate and owner said it would be impossible for me to do that and I don't have a past time of taking apart my K100D and putting it back together again for thrills and record setting times. Pentax Canada of course blamed me for that but I sent it back again, another 5 week and a K20 loaner... suffice to say they were not very pleased with me and had some nasty to words relayed to the store. I have a few small pieces of dust left in the viewfinder when they replaced the 80% scratched one. Seriously, is someone fixing cameras in bed, the place can't be very clean or dust free.

Customer Service - GOOD
Warranty Repair - Hoping I don't have to deal with again
09-10-2009, 07:27 PM   #19
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by F-Stop Quote
If JC doesn't like to be in Customer Service then step aside and pass your job to someone else. It's all I've done for the past 8 years and I'd love that position.
I don't think he is customer service, I think this would be Nikon Forums if he was but that's a minor point. He's a senior person with Pentax and as such, he should exhibit some manners when communicating with the customers of his employer.

09-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Maybe there should be a sticky thread "Hey Pentax Why Do You Treat Your Loyal Customers Like Crap?" which could be sent to the powers that be on a regular basis.
Sorry to hear that they are completely ignoring you Mel. My most recent (second) bad experience was a couple months back. Sent in a FA 28-105 lens only a few months old that back focused badly on all my cameras and was about as sharp as a spork. They sent it back and said it needed no work because it was perfect and I'll quote the letter "DA series lenses were designed to be used with Pentax digital cameras , to get the best image quality and sharpness only DA lenses should be used."
It's truely a shame that we do get treated as inconsequential burdens. Have so many retailers dropped Pentax because of customer complaints? Overall I love my Pentax cameras and would buy another but how many slaps in the face can one take?
Anyone want to buy a "perfect" like new FA 28-105?
09-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #21
Veteran Member

dude this is weird.

i just searched through my email box just to stick up for one part of pentax:

when i was having some serious troubles there was a guy from pentax who was working with me: dorian B

he did a GREAT job of communicating with me and getting my camera back to me on time for a wedding.

also, every time i use the chat function i get answers and direction.

i think pentax service is pretty damn kickin...

Mel...I know you rock...and I think you are in a bad rut with this one.....

WTF right?

Last edited by MJB DIGITAL; 09-10-2009 at 10:56 PM.
09-11-2009, 12:12 AM   #22
Adorama Camera Representative

Message from Helen, Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

QuoteOriginally posted by MJB DIGITAL Quote
dude this is weird.

i just searched through my email box just to stick up for one part of pentax:

when i was having some serious troubles there was a guy from pentax who was working with me: dorian B

he did a GREAT job of communicating with me and getting my camera back to me on time for a wedding.

also, every time i use the chat function i get answers and direction.

Mel...I know you rock...and I think you are in a bad rut with this one.....

WTF right?
Could you give me the contact details (maybe off the board?) I will chase him on Mel's behalf.
Actually, I will also draw his attention to the need for someone from Pentax to take more notice of what is being said here, generally.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera

Up-date: I've just opened my emails to see that I've received TWO identical replies from Pentax, sent 3 minutes apart:

Dear Ms. Oster,

Thank you for contacting Pentax.

I don't know if you received my previous reply but we do respond to all emails we receive. Sometimes emails are returned as undeliverable due to problems with email servers or the email address that was provided. You might also check your computer's spam folder to see if our reply was intercepted. If we can assist you with your support issue please respond to this email or call us at the technical support center number below.

- Hide quoted text -

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Randall Schumacher
Pentax Imaging Technical Support

I've suggested that someone should visit this board, and see what they can do to salvage their reputation.

Let's see.........

Last edited by Helen Oster; 09-11-2009 at 12:47 AM. Reason: up-dated info
09-11-2009, 12:46 AM   #23
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
Could you give me the contact details (maybe off the board?) I will chase him on Mel's behalf.
Actually, I will also draw his attention to the need for someone from Pentax to take more notice of what is being said here, generally.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera
That would be nice of you Helen, but the fact itself that it is necessary for someone like you to go out of your way to do that is just another damning indictment of how Pentax is treating its customer base.

One would think that with a membership of over 15000 of their customers, they would be bright enough to set up an open dialogue with us, we do a better job of promoting and defending their products than they do themselves.

I have just started a BFA course in photography and I believe I am the only person using Pentax in the entire school, some of my fellow students thought Pentax no longer existed.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 09-11-2009 at 12:54 AM.
09-11-2009, 06:10 AM   #24
Veteran Member

The guys name was Dorian Black. Unfortunately the email I have for him is: photo_end_US@pentax.com haha

Anyway, I was reading through the 22 emails between us, and it started when I was complaining about my SR and AF being intermittent on both of my K10D's, the SDM on one of them not operating my lenses and the repair shop not getting it right....

I don't want to go into details and bash Pentax but it looks like I was complaining pretty harsh and he took care of me well after I complained.

Guess what....one of my K10D's is not operating the SDM again.

This sucks
09-11-2009, 07:45 AM   #25
Adorama Camera Representative

Message from Helen, Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

The guys name was Dorian Black. Unfortunately the email I have for him is: photo_end_US@pentax.com haha
OK. Email sent. Have a good weekend one & all and I'll report back as soon as....well....as soon as I have something to report back.......

Helen
09-11-2009, 08:10 AM   #26
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Helen. And I happen to agree with the Damn Britt. It's absurd that someone like you should have to go to these lengths. Actually it's absurd that any of us should have to go to these lengths. But there it is. It would be nice if one of them would pop in now and again to address these issues (and not just try to sell products seeing how we're all already sold and all). But then again, maybe they're afraid.

Adorama rocks btw.
09-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

WTF right?
I think it's great that you got the factory support you expected
But alot of us have not!
As for "kickin" I'd love to meet the arrogant pinhead who had the audacity to tell me that I should only use DA lenses.
By the way wasn't lens retro compatabillity one of Pentax's strong selling points when they got into the DSLR market?
09-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
That would be nice of you Helen, but the fact itself that it is necessary for someone like you to go out of your way to do that is just another damning indictment of how Pentax is treating its customer base.
You should call the Pentax 800-877-0155 number, press 5, and listened to the instructions. It isn't really that dramatic. What is the difference between this and ordering online, except with ordering online you'll have to pay upfront? It's been two days since the OP contacted the number and left his details. All this angst, and the manual may already be in the mail. It probably will take at least two weeks for the book to arrive, so why don't we wait to post how Pentax is screwing over the customer base until then?

Thank you
Russell
09-11-2009, 09:43 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
I think it's great that you got the factory support you expected But alot of us have not!
Please, do share your story of Pentax Service.

Thank you
Russell
09-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #30
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Russell-Evans Quote
You should call the Pentax 800-877-0155 number, press 5, and listened to the instructions. It isn't really that dramatic. What is the difference between this and ordering online, except with ordering online you'll have to pay upfront? It's been two days since the OP contacted the number and left his details. All this angst, and the manual may already be in the mail. It probably will take at least two weeks for the book to arrive, so why don't we wait to post how Pentax is screwing over the customer base until then?

Thank you
Russell
1) her.
2) that call wasn't the first attempt to obtain a replacement manual
3) a representative of a major pentax retailer has also been attempting this same task on my behalf and has not had luck either.

The point really is that there's a pattern of blowing off customers and/or taking forever to reply.

I will be thrilled to death if it's in the mail. It took 4 weeks to obtain a replacement K-7 charger. Which was also stolen. Tried direct from Pentax but it took over week after inquiry to find out it was on back order. Adorama finally got one in and I grabbed it.

note to self: never get robbed again. it's a royal pain in the patutie