Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #61
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by dorianb Quote
I can see how that would be offensive, even if he probably meant it as a joke.

This really is a sign of him just having a lot on his plate, not him being arrogant.

Not our problem, we're customers. He had the option to PM me all the info and I would have done it all for him. I offered to do so via PM.

Calling our customer service at 800-877-0155 is the best way to resolve any problems you are having.

Like I said, if Pentax is going to have a presence on this forum (and with over 15000 Pentax customers as members, you should have) then it should be full presence and that means responding to PM's IMO

09-14-2009, 02:09 PM   #62

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Like I said, if Pentax is going to have a presence on this forum then it should be full presence and that means responding to PM's IMO
I will be happy to reply to any PMs anyone wants to send me, if they have already tried to get help through phone or chat support and were unable to get an answer.
09-14-2009, 02:09 PM   #63
Inactive Account

OK. Dorian got me the parts number of the piece I needed. A 5 minute call to the the parts department and it is coming UPS. That lady is a real treasure.
Amazing what one person who wants to do their job can do.

Thank you Dorian.
09-14-2009, 02:18 PM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wildlifephotog Quote
OK. Dorian got me the parts number of the piece I needed. A 5 minute call to the the parts department and it is coming UPS. That lady is a real treasure.
Amazing what one person who wants to do their job can do.

Thank you Dorian.
This is the response Pentax should want from this Forum, all day, every day!!!

Dorian, keep going - you get it. Pass the Parts Department KUDO up the Food Chain - they should get some recognition!!

09-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #65
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Dorian.
FYIW, I can't do chat. I have dial up at home (live in boonies) and it doesn't work. Chat at work is disabled. Obviously. No emails were caught in my spam filter. But no matter. I'm on the list. That's all I wanted to know.

Thanks again for your attention to this thread. I'm sure everyone here really appreciates it.
09-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #66

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Thanks Dorian.
FYIW, I can't do chat. I have dial up at home (live in boonies) and it doesn't work. Chat at work is disabled. Obviously. No emails were caught in my spam filter. But no matter. I'm on the list. That's all I wanted to know.

Thanks again for your attention to this thread. I'm sure everyone here really appreciates it.

Glad we could help.
09-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #67

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
This is the response Pentax should want from this Forum, all day, every day!!!

Dorian, keep going - you get it. Pass the Parts Department KUDO up the Food Chain - they should get some recognition!!
I passed up the parts department's kudos.

09-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #68
Inactive Account

I told her I'd marry her if the part was right. LOL

I will admit to being impressed with the two folks that helped me. No shuffling off to someone else. Got the job done.

And thank you to Mel for being so patient with all the people jumping in her thread.
09-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #69
Damn Brit

I will be happy to reply to any PMs anyone wants to send me, if they have already tried to get help through phone or chat support and were unable to get an answer.
Thank you for participating in this forum Dorian. You've been able to help a few people already it seems.
This kind of contact means a lot to people and I hope it will continue.
09-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #70
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wildlifephotog Quote
I told her I'd marry her if the part was right. LOL

I will admit to being impressed with the two folks that helped me. No shuffling off to someone else. Got the job done.

And thank you to Mel for being so patient with all the people jumping in her thread.
I'm glad my humble little issue led to several people getting help with the bigger issues they needed help with and we were all able to get a case of the warm-fuzzies toward our favorite camera-maker.
09-15-2009, 09:12 AM   #71

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
My most recent (second) bad experience was a couple months back. Sent in a FA 28-105 lens only a few months old that back focused badly on all my cameras and was about as sharp as a spork. They sent it back and said it needed no work because it was perfect and I'll quote the letter "DA series lenses were designed to be used with Pentax digital cameras , to get the best image quality and sharpness only DA lenses should be used."
Working with SeaCapt to resolve this.
09-15-2009, 09:28 AM   #72
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Working with SeaCapt to resolve this.
And Thank You so much Dorian. You've gone above and beyond. I will wholeheartedly endorse the effort you've put forth!
Will post the outcome here later

Last edited by seacapt; 09-16-2009 at 05:50 AM.
09-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #73
Veteran Member

I don't guess they could send me a FA*300 f2.8 that works as a goodwill gesture???
09-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #74

QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
I don't guess they could send me a FA*300 f2.8 that works as a goodwill gesture???
Unfortunately, that is not a possibility.
I thought you said you switched to Canon?

P.S. I love your "Sunburst" shot on our site.
09-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #75
Veteran Member

Unfortunately, that is not a possibility.
I thought you said you switched to Canon?

P.S. I love your "Sunburst" shot on our site.
I was just joking and I didn't switch, just added a canon body for use with a 400mm lens and a 300mm f2.8 I'm saving for. (and a 500mm f4 if I win the lotto)