Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Odd behavior

I was just messing around with my K10D. I had checked the sensor for dust. Took some shots of a white piece of paper with and without the flash at F20. It looked pretty good. I took the 540 flash off to do a couple of wireless flash shots. And that's when the oddity happened.

I took a shot. The 540 was triggered by the on camera flash, but the k10d turned off and then came back on right away. I have it set to shake the sensor upon activation and it did. No image was captured. Did it another 3 times and the same thing happened. The camera battery is fresh. The flash batteries are low and need recharging but I don't see how that would turn off the camera. I closed the on camera flash and took another shot, it was under exposed but was captured. I turn the camera off and on manually and took another wireless flash shot, same thing happened again. Turned it off and on again, another shot and everything was back to normal.

What happened? Has anyone else heard of this? Is the K10d possessed? Am I?

TIA

09-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Ya don't think the flash could be short-circuiting your camera.... If it is, you should let Pentax have a look at both camera and flash.

If you can't live without the camera, try with another flash to find out if it is the 540's fault.
09-10-2009, 05:36 AM   #3

Sounds like your flash is causing a reset. The wireless flash must be incidental surely.
Keep trying shots with just the K10D flash and if it resets again I would get it repaired.