Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Woo Hoo!

Just ordered my K20 from abe's of maine. Decided to go with the 18-55 AL II as the deal they are having right now was too good to pass up.

K20D package, 18-55mm AL II lens, extended warranty (total of 3 yrs now), free shipping, and one of their coupons for $15 off.....$684 TOTAL!

I figure that with the model being discontinued, even if it doesn't run out of stock too soon, I don't see the price dropping much more than that. So with the old glass/35mm buying frenzy I've also been on, I'll have plenty to play with for quite some time.

BTW, anyone know if a 135mm f 2.8 Soligor is any good? It's coming also and with a SMCP-M 50mm 1.7 and ME body for $55 delivered.

John

09-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats with that John.
You'll be well impressed.
I can't vouch for the Soligor, but many of the 135/2.8s are OK, not stellar but good esp. f/4 and smaller. an M 50/1.7 is always nice to have.
All the best in that.
09-10-2009, 05:02 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Congrats with that John.
You'll be well impressed.
I can't vouch for the Soligor, but many of the 135/2.8s are OK, not stellar but good esp. f/4 and smaller. an M 50/1.7 is always nice to have.
All the best in that.
I pretty much was buying it just for the M 50/1.7 based on the reviews here and elsewhere. And judging from the prices they've been going for on the 'bay, the Soligor and ME body are just a bonus. I may even be able to sell back a couple pieces I've recently gotten once I play around with them a bit to settle on what will work for me. Still will want to keep a nice film camera rig though.

I like manual focus, as my experience with AF on PnS cameras has been less than satisfying. Hopefully DSLRs don't hunt quite as much. So the DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL II is going to be the "feeling lazy" lens or general walk around, though it'll be tempting to see what my Kiron will do since it will effectively be a 42-105mm (a good range methinks). And since it's an "A" model, full metering capabilities.