Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, if your serious about switching to Pentax and can not find any place local to handle one, - and I hate to suggest this, but you can find a mail order retailer that takes returns, and try it out that way. Now, that I suggested that route, I will go put my asbestos long johns on and wait for the flame broiling.

I have never done that, but with Pentax's new lack of availability in brick and mortar, I really do not know what else to suggest.

Scroll up to the news forum and there is a story about Hoya turning a profit from Pentax's camera division. I do think that they will be around.

Yes, I have considered the possibility of Pentax not continuing - before I invested in some additional equipment - the 12-24 ($700) and the 55-300 ($350) and upgraded to a new K20 ($650) - over the last year, and they will all continue working just fine if that happens. Actually, if the unthinkable happened, I would buy the newest K7 I could find from someone moving to C or N or S or ???? I could still get them repaired, and they would all still take great pictures for many years to come.

So, to me its not a worry. My main worry - not having sufficient time, talent or skill to put all of this Pentax equipment to good use. So back to practice, practice, practice ....