Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2009, 09:13 PM   #1

Anyone want a dead K10D?

Some of you may remember my question about repairing my backup K10D, which took a short drop onto a hard surface and now suffers the infamous "card error". There seems no doubt this is due to damage at the SD card interface with the main circuit board. Factory repair would be uneconomic and I don't have nimble enough fingers to attempt a home repair, although I am told that it can be done.

Everything else on the camera works and it had less than 500 clicks at the time of the mishap. I assume it might be worth something to someone (especially with the battery and charger) and I thought I would put it up on the marketplace.

Any thoughts on whether anyone might want a lightly killed K10D and what it might be worth? I suspect there may be some folk out there who might want spares or who would be capable of repairing it.

Mike

09-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #2

Original Poster
Whoops - meant to go in the DSLR forum - can a moderator move it for me?
09-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Stringmike Quote
Some of you may remember my question about repairing my backup K10D, which took a short drop onto a hard surface and now suffers the infamous "card error". There seems no doubt this is due to damage at the SD card interface with the main circuit board. Factory repair would be uneconomic and I don't have nimble enough fingers to attempt a home repair, although I am told that it can be done.

Everything else on the camera works and it had less than 500 clicks at the time of the mishap. I assume it might be worth something to someone (especially with the battery and charger) and I thought I would put it up on the marketplace.

Any thoughts on whether anyone might want a lightly killed K10D and what it might be worth? I suspect there may be some folk out there who might want spares or who would be capable of repairing it.

Mike
Hi Mike, I'm Mike and I'd love to take a stab at it, but I won't give much more than postage for it...

Sorry,
Mike
09-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
Damn Brit

Moved.

Mike, if you need a thread moved in future, please PM a mod or use the post reporting system (red flag in bottom left corner of post), we can easily miss a request in a post.

09-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I could use the bottom plate.
09-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Moved.

Mike, if you need a thread moved in future, please PM a mod or use the post reporting system (red flag in bottom left corner of post), we can easily miss a request in a post.
Are you talking to me?

LOL, oh wait, that's a different battle I'm having with myself...

Regards,
Mike
09-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #7
Damn Brit

@OP, you should also make yourself aware of the Marketplace requirements if you want to sell it there.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographers-marketplace/137-important-i...e-posting.html

09-11-2009, 03:40 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PM sent with interest.
09-11-2009, 05:19 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Why not see if TR13 could use it in his Pentax Hacking effort?

QuoteQuote:
3.2) If you want to help big - provide malfunctioning body or find information about M4 and M5 Fujitsu LSI chips.
Thank you
Russell
09-11-2009, 06:53 AM   #10

Original Poster
Thanks to all - and I note the procedure for moving threads!

My post was just to gauge interest - I have a couple of leads and will do some research over the weekend to choose the best course.

I have replied to the PMs.

Mike
11-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
how much, quote something affordable as it might be a dead loss if after opening it cannot be refitted
11-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by uttam.hathi Quote
how much, quote something affordable as it might be a dead loss if after opening it cannot be refitted
Already sold.