Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2009, 07:15 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Where have you been all my life!

I'll keep this short and sweet...much like my attention span...

after having my K20D for 1week 7hours and 32min (according the the 1st photo...) I LOVE IT...More so than my K200D...as you hope

2 e-dials....music to my fingers....
A buffer of more than 4 photo....yes please....
As solid as a housebrick
And the qualitly of the photos....Just thinking about the sharpness and colour is well...i think i man need to change my pants....
A very sexy Veiwfinder
ok/ISO button
a way faster/more accurate AF, esp. with a 70-200 2.8 tammy
and Pentax Remote Assistant to name a few

anyway just shouting out how much i love my K20D...thats all....

anywhales i'm off....to get new pants....and a BG2...if i can find one...

Have a good one!!

09-11-2009, 07:24 AM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Well congrats Ben.
Good to hear you've not just fallen in love with the K20D, you're growing in love with it!

Grip will make it look even chunkier and feel even more solid and balanced, esp with the 70-200 on board.
Enjoy!
09-11-2009, 07:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I bought a K20D used before I went for my trip to Japan.

Man, I have no regrets selling my K200D and upgrading to the K20D. While the improvements seem minor on paper, it's more of the overall feel that improves when you upgrade. Oh, and the CMOS sensor in the K20D produces some pretty nice images too.

There's still a lot of functions I haven't even used yet!! yikes!!
09-11-2009, 11:17 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

It is a nice camera, isn't it? I'm sure I'll feel the same way about the K7 if I ever get around to upgrading but for now, I'm still excited about the K20D.

09-11-2009, 11:22 AM   #5

Wow congrats!!! I have a K200D right now, and also I love this thing I want to upgrade to K20D sometime in the future. Probably I'll wait till the next generation comes out so I can get K20D for around $300
09-12-2009, 03:14 AM   #6

Once upon a Time......

Many years ago my lovely wife said that to me....only once and it was long,long ago...I also feel the same way about the K20d...not once I have thought "Geez,I wish it didn"t do that" or "I wish it had that". To me it is the Perfect Camera...
09-12-2009, 06:09 AM   #7

but I feel bad for the film SLRs stashed in the closet...

I love my K20D as well - I have never spent so much on equipment as this year, but I have no regrets!
09-12-2009, 06:36 AM   #8

I got my K20d five days ago and I really like it. I've had only one problem. I had a K10d and while the operation is substantially the same the differences are more significant than I expected.

Yesterday evening I noticed the little hand in the viewfinder showing SR was working wasn't there. I rechecked the manual. I switched to autofocus on shutter button to see if perhaps the halfway gizmo wasn't working and, nope, it was working fine although it certainly wasn't half way. I messed around with different modes and everything I could think of.

I finally posted on another forum about the problem and got, "They moved it from the far left to the far right." I was embarrassed.

But, I sure like the camera.

09-15-2009, 08:03 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Mine arrived yesterday!!!! 1st DSLR, though not my first SLR. Wow there's a lot of buttons. But you know, it's already beginning to feel like an extension. The layout of the buttons and dials just feels natural though I've probably only held the camera for < 1 hr while fiddling with the menus, etc.

Time to do some 'sperimenting with my lenses.
09-16-2009, 08:32 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I'm sure you'll be happy with the K20D. I have the K7, but I have to say that for the price/performance of the K20D right now, it's a great quality workhorse you can't pass up.
09-16-2009, 09:39 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congratulations! I bought mine when it first came out some 18 months back and love it now more than I ever did.
09-18-2009, 06:43 AM   #12
Forum Member

I am loving my K20D as well. I haven't had a whole lot of time to test it out, but the few occassions I have, I have not been dissappointed. Admittedly, I have not figured out all of the features yet, but, so far, my favorite features are: 1. Green button---so useful--not only from a "i need to get the shot" perspective, but also as a teaching tool to make me reconsider my chosen aperature and shutter speed; 2. the 14.6 megapixels makes cropping a breeze. I was pleasantly surprised at how far I could crop and not lose quality; 3. the 2 e-dials: i am still getting used to these and my fingers still flub around at times--esp when trying to remember which one sets iso in AV or TV mode--but so much more convenient than having to hold the EV comp button on my k100ds; 4. Ergomonically, I like the k100ds better, but the K20D is still very comfortable and intuitive in terms of hand placement, etc.; 5. I love the relatively quick focus.

I still need to figure out: 1) which color setting to use; 2) whether to shoot in PEF or DNG; 3) how much EV comp I should use out of the box, as the camera does tend to underexpose a bit; 4) how to use the multi-exposure feature, amoung other things.