Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Pentax istDl Acting Up - Help!

About two months ago I bought a brand new istDl kit off of craigslist for $300. It was brand new, unopened, and in a sealed box. The person I bought the camera from said that he had won it at work, and owned several Nikon cameras and had no need for this one.

Now, onto my problem. Whenever I press the menu button, nothing happens. In auto mode, autofouces on, kit lens attached, in a well lit dry area, nothing happens. You can press it a hundred times and nothing will show up. Occasionally the playback button doesn't work either. I've Googled and read the manual many times over, but I can't figure it out.

Now, if there is something wrong with the camera, how would I return it to Pentax? I am the original owner. However, I don't have proof of purchase or any way to get one. Could I just say it was a gift? How would I do that? Do I need to return just the camera body? Any other help / advice?

Thanks in advance,
Anotherrandomuser

09-13-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Sounds like you have some problems with the electrical contacts not hitting each other. I hate to tell you this...but you should never buy off Craigslsit. You can send it to Pentax to look at it (which you will have to pay for) and they'll let you know what is wrong with it and how much it will cost to fix it.
09-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
you should never buy off Craigslsit.
I disagree. You can find many great Pentax items on Craigslist, if you take the time to check out the items in person.

Did the camera work fine during the first 2 months of ownership? I can't imagine the OP waited 2 months to test the new camera.