Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2007, 02:13 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KennJ Quote
With that said I would suggest that you seriously rethink returning a perfectly good camera to a company that is know for screwing up folks credit cards and leaving them with nothing, fighting to get a camera or a refund!
This is true! I got involved in a situation similar to this where I had to return a camera because the company billed me for a much higher price than what they'd quoted me over the phone at the time they took my order. Like about $900 higher! They were mighty quick to charge my credit card for the order, but they didn't refund my money until the end of the month. I didn't have enough room on my credit card so I ended up having to wait almost a month before I could go ahead and re-order the camera from a more reputable dealer.

05-23-2007, 05:10 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by KennJ Quote
All in all you came off with a not to bad situation considering who you purchased from and the horror stories about the "business" these guys are capable of running on folks.
With that said I would suggest that you seriously rethink returning a perfectly good camera to a company that is know for screwing up folks credit cards and leaving them with nothing, fighting to get a camera or a refund!
You might well be setting yourself up to have no camera and no money by sending the one you have back. Best to write it off as a lesson and leave it be IMO.
As the one you have is good to go on the warrenty side and they told you before you recieved the camera it would not have a battery you will be hard pressed to prove that they did something to void the deal you made with them.
Kenn

I guess I was on my war path ... Now that I've thought about it, and after thinking about what you said. It does make sense to just keep the camera. Compared to other people's stories, it seems I got off pretty easy. I mean I got it for a good price, and either way I've got a one year warranty. And the two extra dollars are probably just a hold that'll disappear after it posts to my account. Thanks for the response.

I ordered a battery grip and an extra battery from Adorama via Amazon. They seem to have the battery grip for 123 and change and the extra battery is 40 rather than 50 (and don't worry I've ordered from them before and have never had a probelm). So if anyone is in the market those are the best prices I've seen.

Still wondering about the sticker though. Link to a bigger picture of mine.

Last edited by superbass; 05-23-2007 at 05:17 PM.
05-23-2007, 05:53 PM   #33
Veteran Member

I don't have a K10, but i do have a K110, and on the sticker on mine there seems to be much more info, It reads

PENTAX
digital camera K110D
FC 6V C E
a check mark, then N73
Pentax Corporation
Assembled in Philippines

and a few other things i don't see on my keyboard, lol

Last edited by Stratman; 05-23-2007 at 06:28 PM.
05-23-2007, 06:22 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ha ha, yeah on my k100d I noticed the same thing. I didn't want to embarrass myself by pretending to know what they all mean though ha ha

05-23-2007, 06:24 PM   #35
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
The bottom of my K10d is similar to Stratman's K100d. Only it has 8.3v instead of 6. If no one else posts a photo, I will try to photograph the bottom of mine at work tomorrow when I have access to another camera. However, your's is definately less detailed than mine....
05-23-2007, 06:29 PM   #36
Veteran Member

I tried snapping a photo of mine, but it was either too dark to read, or WAY too bright, lol
05-23-2007, 06:36 PM   #37
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
I tried snapping a photo of mine, but it was either too dark to read, or WAY too bright, lol
I believe the sunny f16 rule applies to proper exposure of full moons...err...bottoms.

05-23-2007, 06:59 PM   #38

Superbass:

My K10 is from Amazon. The "sticker" on the bottom of the camera is exactly the same as the one in your photo. I don't believe that there was a mail-in registration card either.

John
05-23-2007, 07:16 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all the responses. From what the Pentax guy told me on the phone the only thing that matters is if you have a USA receipt. So everything is dandy, except for my pride ... I was confident I wouldn't get duped. Oh well live and learn.
09-20-2007, 06:11 PM   #40
Inactive Account

Warranty Card

Guys

Thanks a lot for all the info on this thread. I just unpacked my K100D from Beachcamera and noted there was the Serial Card but no Warranty Card. My Tamron 70-300 Di from Cameta did have the 6 Year Warranty card.

So now I can rest easy knowing the K100-D does not have to come with a Warranty card.

Also all manufacturer specified parts were there in the box. I was a bit disappointed that the body was in a open loose plastic bag, and the Pentax carton itself was also not sealed with plastic. Tamron also was like that pretty much in open plastic boxes. Somewhat different from a lot of parts I order...Dlink modems etc.

Kal
09-20-2007, 06:15 PM   #41
Inactive Account

Print orders and order online

I also think that ordering over the phone could lead to more misunderstandings. While ordering online I print the quote and each step of the way for other info before placing the order...in my case of K100D their quote specifically said USA Warranty otherwise I'd not have ordered from them.
09-20-2007, 08:06 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by superbass Quote

Still wondering about the sticker though. Link to a bigger picture of mine.
I bought my K10D from Circuit City (online), and the sticker is a lot busier that yours. It also says "Assembled in Philippines".

The infamous RiceHigh had a post on his blog about Pentax cameras with "light" versions on the sticker; not sure what conclusions he came to.

Does your camera have a serial number? If so, Pentax should be able to tell you when and where it was made/assembled.

PS: Am I to understand that you received the camera without its battery?