Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2009, 06:20 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Interesting thing I found in the GX20 service manual that the top of the LCD has 4 strips of sealing just as the back, so when you set the whole top cover down it seals against those. Also in some of the pics it shows some black sealing around the top LCD frame and in others it does not. If you look at the GX20 service manual exploded view you will see part numbers A390, A391 but they are not in the description list, at least I did not see those numbers it skips it.

Now remember this does not concern your repair at all; becuase your not takig off the whole top cover, just the top lcd cover. But what is the WR seal the cover or are there 4 strips of sealing sitting between the LCD and upper body cover. Something only a complete tech mechanical freak like me could be interested in

BTW if the weather seal is those strips for the GX20 than it should be for the K10D as well, logically.

09-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jamesm007 Quote
Interesting thing I found in the GX20 service manual that the top of the LCD has 4 strips of sealing just as the back, so when you set the whole top cover down it seals against those. Also in some of the pics it shows some black sealing around the top LCD frame and in others it does not. If you look at the GX20 service manual exploded view you will see part numbers A390, A391 but they are not in the description list, at least I did not see those numbers it skips it.

Now remember this does not concern your repair at all; becuase your not takig off the whole top cover, just the top lcd cover. But what is the WR seal the cover or are there 4 strips of sealing sitting between the LCD and upper body cover. Something only a complete tech mechanical freak like me could be interested in

BTW if the weather seal is those strips for the GX20 than it should be for the K10D as well, logically.
Yeah. I noticed a seal under the top LCD in an exploded view of the K10D I found. I have yet to speak with Lynn but I plan to explore the subject with her.

Thanks!
09-30-2009, 06:27 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by wildlifephotog Quote
The lady that runs the Pentax parts department can't go by a photo. She has to have a parts number. I've been all through this just recently. If you call her she can email you an exploded parts pdf. You then get the parts number, call her back and order.

She is a sweetheart, but knows nothing about cameras or repairs. She can't give any tech assistance.

Parts dept. phone number>>> 1-720-988-2653, her name is Lynn Badillo.
Does anyone know if there is a Canadian counterpart for this woman?