09-19-2009, 03:35 AM   #136
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
More like vomit green.

09-19-2009, 03:37 AM   #137
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by Prognathous Quote
How about using the 4 digit seven-segment display in the viewfinder to complement the stencil:

Further discussion here.

Prog.
Hi, Prog!

As an idea is beyond good, bordering genius IMHO . Will it be implemented? No. I said it before I'll say it one more. Even though it would of been costly I have little doubt that Hoya wouldn't implement the real deal in K-x even if they would of need to modify some molds I guess.

The truth could be that this feature is either so low in general public's preferences or Hoya wants so bad to force you into a K-7 if you want some advanced features that as long this camera will exist I seriously doubt it will get any kind of improvements to make it more "advanced users friendly".

Good idea anyway!
Radu
09-19-2009, 03:47 AM   #138

Marc. Thanks. The picture made sense. I still don't get how you would use a selectable point on a moving object, sports etc, as by the time you select, it's at another point and so on.
09-19-2009, 05:50 AM   #139
Banned

first of all, stop hating on the olive/brown combo. that is the best one. seriously, it has a Leica Safari look to it. you people have no taste.

second, ping, you are still my favourite canikon troller.

09-19-2009, 06:58 AM   #140
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
on my k20d i have only used the centre focus point. I turned off half press focus on the main button and focus with the AF button, then AEL if needed and re frame.

its a heck load faster than selecting a point. And the Auto point gets it wrong a lot of the time.
09-19-2009, 07:05 AM   #141
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How do you tnink if it's real to make new firmware for K-x?
11 AF points could be displayed in VF in some ways?

Three things of the Kx impossible to believe [Page 5]: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
Maybe like in MZ-S. But...I'm not sure that it's real.

I'd like to buy K-x, but I can't shoot without AF indicators in VF.

If they can't make such firmware, I will wait when my K200D die.

Last edited by ogl; 09-19-2009 at 07:27 AM.
09-19-2009, 07:15 AM   #142
ogl
Banned

I would prefer K-x without AA.

09-19-2009, 08:03 AM   #143
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
How do you tnink if it's real to make new firmware for K-x?
11 AF points could be displayed in VF in some ways?

Three things of the Kx impossible to believe [Page 5]: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
Maybe like in MZ-S. But...I'm not sure that it's real.

I'd like to buy K-x, but I can't shoot without AF indicators in VF.

If they can't make such firmware, I will wait when my K200D die.
From that same thread Nosnoop wrote:

"The lower end Oly has a grand total of 3 AF points. Yeah, it has indicators, but hardly of much use.

So you prefer 3 AF points or 11 points with no indicator?

I tried using mine with AF indicator turned off, it is not that bad actually.

Remember the target users of K-x would prefer Live View + Face detection. They would probably only use Viewfinder on an occasional basis.

And Oly E-P1 is currently selling like Hot Cakes - yep, it does NOT have any AF indicators, because it does NOT have a viewfinder! It only has Live View, which K-x also has."

This is the sentiment I have towards the AF points as well. Being a former owner of the Pentax *istDL which did not have AF points, when I eventually got a k10d - yeah they are nice, but I can compose on my own! If you are taking a portrait, and the background is far from your subject and you can't discern whether your subject is in focus, you need your eyes checked! Maybe this just isn't a problem for me since I use MF lenses on a regular basis, but this is far from a deal breaker by any means - and 95% of the people who do buy this camera won't even know the difference and guess what? They will still take fantastic photos, and grow the pentax family, bottom line.

We are all into the specs and features. Many others out there will look at the reviews, see no discernable difference in the many manufacturers offering, except this is available in my favorite color (XYZ)! You do have to look at the point and shoot market, the mp3 player market, heck even the car market. I highly doubt we all have 2 black cars in the garage. For the everyday average person, finding something that stands out, regardless of features, most definitely can be a deciding factor in a major purchase.
09-19-2009, 08:21 AM   #144
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
From that same thread Nosnoop wrote:
Dear friend, I don't like LV at all. I use my camera like SLR camera, not like P&S.
I doubt that K-x is the fastest camera in LV.
09-19-2009, 08:43 AM   #145
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I would prefer K-x without AA.
I guess to me it is fine, i will quickly take out the AA batteries from my flash and keep shooting..
09-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #146
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by vizjerei Quote
I guess to me it is fine, i will quickly take out the AA batteries from my flash and keep shooting..
It's fine for K200D, it has WR and battery grip. Good field camera.
But small LiOn battery will be better for beginners.
LiOn could make K-x even smaller.

I understand that Pentax use the same body (K-m) and doesn't make any change in manufacturing line. It's cheaper and quicker.

But even from marketing point of view, it's not attractive, especially for girls and women.

AA = it means the customer need to buy NiMh accumulators and charger.
Additonal expense.
09-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #147

Hmm, my problem with my K100D is the AF point being knocked off center by fat fingers. I prefer it there. While the pick-a-point feature is convenient for slow work on a tripod, I can always go half shutter if the subject is off center, no? Well, I'm old school and shot pictures for 30 years with cameras that had no auto-focus at all. Very happy with any autofocus, as long as it's fast. Face detection on my P&S is nice, but it can pick the wrong face, so I can understand how users accustomed to focus point choice are loathe to not have it. So you don't buy this camera. Others will.

Does the K-X offer both RAW/JPG simultaneously?
09-19-2009, 09:00 AM   #148
Veteran Member

Dear friend, I don't like LV at all. I use my camera like SLR camera, not like P&S.
I doubt that K-x is the fastest camera in LV.
LV still has its place. I would much prefer holding my camera close to the ground without having to lay on it. And I am just shy of 6 feet tall, but can reach upto 7 - now yes, you can snap away blindly holding your camera over your head, or you can find a ladder, or hold your monopod/tripod up precariously (which would also be shooting blind). Or you can switch on liveview, and in a crowded situation be above everyones' head.

And while we can sit here on a pentax-specific, DSLR related forum, 99% of the world's camera using population (all cameras, not just dslr) probably would prefer LV (and for the record I am not one of them, I just disagree with you that it is a hinderance to the sale of this camera to the general public).

In all likelihood, 90% of the buyers that purchase this camera WILL predominantly use LV, as the motive behind an entry-level offering is to dig into the P&S market, which is essentially all liveview.
09-19-2009, 09:06 AM   #149
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
im waiting to see some comparometer shots vs the k20d, but im very tempted to sell the k20d and get the kx until the k8 comes along then the kx can be the backup body.

I dont feel the k7 is enough to upgrade right now.
09-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #150
ogl
Banned

How Pentax can solve the K-x AF point issue: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

how about such idea?
Closed Thread