Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2009, 10:48 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
I think the bright red color is just ridiculous, that thing is going to shine like crazy. I would never get a DSLR in that color.
QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner0427 Quote
I would
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Me too.

:ugh:
I just sent a note to see if I can preorder a semi funky color from Japan for the wife.....can anyone help me out?

09-17-2009, 10:50 PM   #47

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
I wonder if people complain about everything else. "My Wii sucks...I hate playing it cause the case is white." "I'm sick of my car cause it's silver."
True, but the opposite goes though; how often haven't you heard "I love my phone 'cause it's pink" or "My car is the coolest because it has flames".

I am not cynical at all when I say that IF I decide to go K-x over K-7, choosing a color would be tough.. But fun. Just wonder if the lenses are also colored. And if I can get them in different sets
09-17-2009, 11:29 PM   #48
Veteran Member

I love the color of my car cause it's black until the light hits it...then it's green. Too bad it's hard to keep clean like black

As far as I understand, the kit lenses match the body color (check the white and green K-m editions for "where the colors fall").

I can imagine people wanting to trade their red lenses for white ones and so on...since it seems that Japan is the only place getting more than red, white, and blue cams...

Correction: The white camera will come with white lenses (both kit lenses) and the only red lens will be the 18-55mm. So no blues, no red 55-200.

Last edited by ryan s; 09-18-2009 at 09:12 AM.
09-17-2009, 11:32 PM   #49

I think the red K-x looks so cool. So much better than the bland looking red color of the Panasonic G/GH/GF-series.

I don't think I will choose it personally, but for portraits, it would be fun to try out that one and a few of the other funny looking color combinations just to see if I can get a different expression on peoples faces just from the camera color alone.

There are of course a few really ugly color combinations that would be fun to try out for the same reason as well.

/Tommy

09-17-2009, 11:40 PM   #50
Inactive Account

How do the specs compare to the K7 or isnt there any real comparison? At this stage I am still going to buy a K7 unless convinced otherwise since I want to upgrade from my K100D
09-18-2009, 12:24 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Regarding the lack of weather sealing on the K-x... Canon, Nikon, Sony and Olympus seem to be doing just fine in their sales of non-weather sealed bodies, especially the entry level models. If the K-x isn't weather sealed, no big woop as far as I am concerned. First time DSLR owners obviously aren't making this feature their top priority when choosing a camera body.

The K-x will do just fine.

Jason
09-18-2009, 01:35 AM   #52

I think this is a great addition to the K7. IMHO, the color choice seems to target younger/female photographers moving into the DSLR world. Provided Pentax markets this right, I reckon it'll sell like crazy in Japan...

09-18-2009, 01:58 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteQuote:
Just wonder if the lenses are also colored
Coloured lens on Gizmodo site.
Pentax K-x DSLR: 12MP Photos, 720p Video For $US650 | Gizmodo Australia
09-18-2009, 08:30 AM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ivoire Quote
I'm taking a guess that most of us enjoy shooting color photos, so why not have the option of different color cameras. Cell phones sell well in different colors and I expect this camera will also (especially in the Asian market as well as the more 'youthful' segment of the US). Body color will definitely get Pentax a lot of free advertising... and that is a good thing.
Indeed, I just bought my first non-black cell phone a couple months ago.

I think that many people are blowing the colors way out of proportion. If you don't like them, don't buy them, you aren't the target market. Pentax is not going to stop selling black cameras.
09-18-2009, 08:35 AM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ozlizard Quote
That is super tight!
09-18-2009, 09:00 AM   #56
Not Registered

I think that it is a smart movement. People is getting lost behind the colors and it is forgetting that the camera itself looks like the best entry level camera in the market. Besides, the colors have advantages and disadvantages:

Advantages

-Funky colors are always welcome and they should be a must for any model.
-If you do Scuba diving you are easy to locate by your buddy.
-If you are on a crowded park and have a small kid you can stick the camera to his back and you can locate him easily
-Good to be found after getting lost on a snow storm.
-You can find those pesky pentaxians that many people think that they dont exist... anywhere, anytime.
-It is a good bait for street photography. You leave the pink orange model next to a bench and use your other camera to catch people reactions.

Cons

-If you do scuba diving, Eels and barracudas might think that you are a fancy Clown fish
-If you use a camera in a big city, it is like having neon lights asking to be stolen.
-You will be found by other pentaxians
-Forget about photojournalism "incognito"
-Give color cast in studio for close up and macro shoots.

I seriously wonder how long will take to have a camera that is not one of the 5-6 more common models. It is hard for me to believe that they have cameras ready for any color.
09-18-2009, 09:18 AM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ozlizard Quote
navy blue's lens is black? :/
09-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso Quote
I think that it is a smart movement. People is getting lost behind the colors and it is forgetting that the camera itself looks like the best entry level camera in the market. Besides, the colors have advantages and disadvantages:

Advantages

-Funky colors are always welcome and they should be a must for any model.
-If you do Scuba diving you are easy to locate by your buddy.
-If you are on a crowded park and have a small kid you can stick the camera to his back and you can locate him easily
-Good to be found after getting lost on a snow storm.
-You can find those pesky pentaxians that many people think that they dont exist... anywhere, anytime.
-It is a good bait for street photography. You leave the pink orange model next to a bench and use your other camera to catch people reactions.

Cons

-If you do scuba diving, Eels and barracudas might think that you are a fancy Clown fish
-If you use a camera in a big city, it is like having neon lights asking to be stolen.
-You will be found by other pentaxians
-Forget about photojournalism "incognito"
-Give color cast in studio for close up and macro shoots.

I seriously wonder how long will take to have a camera that is not one of the 5-6 more common models. It is hard for me to believe that they have cameras ready for any color.
Great post! Color cast, uh oh!
09-18-2009, 09:26 AM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
navy blue's lens is black? :/
I made a correction to post #48 above...no blue lenses
09-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #60
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
Great post! Color cast, uh oh!
Now that I think on it. Color cast could be used in your benefit. Furthermore, if you get the one on white color you can double it as a reflector.