Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Poor Pentax Repair Service?

Has anyone had to return their camera more than 1 time to get a problem fixed?

I've had my K20D since last August '08 and earlier this year (Apr '09) it developed a squeak with the e-dial, so I sent it back and they replaced the dial. It was gone for 3 weeks.

When I get it back, they didn't put it back properly so there's a soft spot on the camera as if something internal isn't flush. I send it back and they repaired that, gone for 2 weeks.

I get it back and now my shutter sticks at times when focusing and it's annoying! I haven't sent it back yet, but it's feeling like the camera is a lemon or Pentax Canada's repair depot is.

Luckily my camera has a 2 year warranty, when things are a little quieter, I'll be sending this thing in for the 3rd time. Not pleased with the repair quality from Pentax Canada at all.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, pentax, pentax repair, photography, repair, time, weeks